PDA

View Full Version : Red Jacket has a 1911.........

jeffrice6
09-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Apparently Red Jacket has introduced their own line of 1911.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=45&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=17

InGrAM
09-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Sorry, but DUPE!

Over priced as hell!!!!!

incredablehefey
09-16-2011, 12:41 AM
all you need to know about there precision!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJciBMdoc55QyS-_eoGUXTIlNlLJUxt6v6AvmpTK7v4qAOSYbg

in before "were opening a new market" and "its a game changer"

jeffrice6
09-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Didn't see it before..... But super over priced!!!

morfeeis
09-16-2011, 1:44 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/6/129020373464481954.jpg

:rofl::rofl:$1700,:rofl::rofl:

dirtracer27x
09-16-2011, 5:33 AM
do i get to sleep with his daughter yuck mouth!!!!!!!

bob7122
09-16-2011, 5:49 AM
is it me or are their ak's overpriced? i dunno what do they do that makes them so expensive?

Wookiee87
09-16-2011, 5:59 AM
Very overpriced!

dirtracer27x
09-16-2011, 6:39 AM
just bought a welder and grinder,gonna open my shop,its gonna be blue sweater firearms,lol.jk

Rob454
09-16-2011, 6:47 AM
is it me or are their ak's overpriced? i dunno what do they do that makes them so expensive?

EVERYTHING they have is overpriced. Its simply because the guy is banking on the show AND people/shoppers who simply don't know that there are better priced guns out there. basically his RJF is popular because of the "cool" TV show. Name recognition gets you more money. I watched the TV show a few times. I personally wouldn't touch their product at the prices they are asking. has nothing to do with affording has to do with simple economics. I am not willing to pay 40% more to simply say I got it at RJF.

TWoods450
09-16-2011, 6:50 AM
Hate to thread jack, but. Why did they make the entire gun rotate on the shotgun gatling, I thought int'l the barrel was supposed to spin. Didn't see the episode, just a clip of it being fired.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Army
09-16-2011, 7:04 AM
TWoods, the first idea they made was an actual Gatling type, but due to their lack of machine work and design ethics, it exploded. The 3-gun Saiga system worked, but looks hokey as hell, and the guy that bought it was a fool to do so, after he wanted an actual Gatling type. If I have that kind of money to blow on a gatling...I want a gatling.

BTW, since they were building a brand new fully auto gatling, doesn't that violate the 1986 act?

I wonder if the 1911 comes with too much eye-shadow...

JTROKS
09-16-2011, 7:25 AM
After that show of the DEagle turning into a Beretta the honesty factor of the show just went south for me. Just like the house blowing up with blue colored 40mm grenades. Now they threw in drama with Kris eying Steph. I'd like to see a shoot out at the RJF. LOL! Just kidding.

starsnuffer
09-16-2011, 7:36 AM
It's a show on TV. It's scripted entertainment for people who want to watch stupid dramatic rednecks doing dumb things with guns, so the viewers can feel better about themselves. If you expect to get anything more out of it then that, then you're doing it wrong.

-W

toadman
09-16-2011, 7:38 AM
all you need to know about there precision!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJciBMdoc55QyS-_eoGUXTIlNlLJUxt6v6AvmpTK7v4qAOSYbg

in before "were opening a new market" and "its a game changer"

"Micrometers? We don't need no stinkin micrometers. Just eyeball that sumbich n that'll be gud nough"

toby
09-16-2011, 7:55 AM
I would'nt be surprised if it were a reworked Armscorp....

CK_32
09-16-2011, 8:01 AM
No red Becker like always probably bought a 1911 and put their logo on it and now say they invented the 1911 for high dollar...

kalieracer
09-16-2011, 8:08 AM
Apparently Red Jacket has introduced their own line of 1911.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=45&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=17

Looks like an STI cause it is...

Frame - USA manufactured 4140 Forged Carbon Steel by STI

30 LPI Checkering on front strap and on steel mainspring ..

Over priced and I bet it doesn't run right

bob_e95482
09-16-2011, 8:08 AM
It's simple. Asshat + Discovery Channel = OCC, Red Jacket, etc.

Dark Mod
09-16-2011, 8:24 AM
meh

Fictitious Simily
09-16-2011, 8:32 AM
I'm still waiting for more Gold Rush Alaska

Snoopy47
09-16-2011, 8:37 AM
They priced it in the same category as this:

http://www.lesbaer.com/images/Cuscarry.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

soundwave
09-16-2011, 9:07 AM
:rolleyes: I think their "fame" has gone to their heads.

556fmj
09-16-2011, 9:17 AM
Looks like it is a STI Lawman but with the red jacket rollmark.

Levetti
09-16-2011, 9:26 AM
After that show of the DEagle turning into a Beretta the honesty factor of the show just went south for me.

That never happened, that was only in previews.

JeremyS
You know what's not a bad deal on there? Integrally suppressed 9mm AR upper for $1,089. It has a 5.5" barrel so sub-sonic rounds stay sub-sonic, and the suppressor is permanently attached (but comes apart for cleaning) so it makes the 16" minimum barrel length to be legally a rifle.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

Voo
They priced it in the same category as this:

http://www.lesbaer.com/images/Cuscarry.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll see your HAHHAHHAHHAHAHA and add HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing..

JeremyS
09-16-2011, 9:28 AM
That never happened, that was only in previews.

Pretty sure it happened on the actual aired show. But if you've seen reruns of the show they have since recut the episode!

CK_32
09-16-2011, 9:39 AM
Pretty sure it happened on the actual aired show. But if you've seen reruns of the show they have since recut the episode!

Probably too much bs.. Idk how that show still airs and how they still even stay in business with their prices and horrible work methods shown on air. Let alone all the crap and bs they spread.

Cali-Shooter
09-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Jeez, with that money, I'd sooner get a Springfield TRP Operator, and I'd still have money leftover.

I think the only real reason anyone would want one of those RJF 1911's is bragging rights, like, "I got a 1911 made by the SONS OF GUNS people!!!!!"

45DAVID1
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I will buy one for $1,600 if they will promise to fix rat faces teeth.

Cali-Shooter
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM

:rofl2: lmao

RRichie09
09-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Looks like they opened up a whole new market.

Snoopy47
09-16-2011, 10:52 AM
I think the only real reason anyone would want one of those RJF 1911's is bragging rights, like, "I got a 1911 made by the SONS OF GUNS people!!!!!"

However, if someone shows me his 1911's from RJF, I bet you dollars to donuts if I showed him my Les Baer in response he would ask:
Who's Les Baer?

That $1700 is an introductory price and they offer the same delivery time line as everyone else who have a LONG established history of building them.

What a joke.

Quite simply, those with a RJ 1911 simply don't know 1911's, or a so board that they already have a bunch of 1911's and want to waste money.

Caladain
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM
The point of Sons of Guns isn't to be accurate. Mythbusters is horrible inaccurate and unscientific. Mythbusters has caused the "common man" to start looking at the world with the scientific method more than he was.

Sons of Guns has gotten folks who never touched guns to look at them in a positive light. I've made two new shooters who expressed interest in going on their first range trip *after* they'd watched a few episodes.

That said, they're stuff is horridly overpriced.

motorwerks
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM

LMFAO! whats funny though is that we all watch the show, or at least have watched enough to know She needs her teeth fixed and they are going to open up a whole new market. :)

Cali-Shooter
09-16-2011, 11:09 AM
The point of Sons of Guns isn't to be accurate. Mythbusters is horrible inaccurate and unscientific. Mythbusters has caused the "common man" to start looking at the world with the scientific method more than he was.

Sons of Guns has gotten folks who never touched guns to look at them in a positive light. I've made two new shooters who expressed interest in going on their first range trip *after* they'd watched a few episodes.

I think the biggest reason for such is not necessarily item quality, you are paying for *their* labor and *their* trademark (which of course is inflated due to their famousness/notoriety on the Discovery channel).

It is my opinion, that dropping down that amount of money to pay for simply their "famous" hands to build that 1911 for you, and their "famous" trademark name on said 1911, is a piss-poor reason to spend that amount, when you could instead spend that much or less and get a quality product firearm.

But, of course, there will always be those people that want a gun for the name, and the brand, but not based on performance or quality of product.

I can bet you that RJF would next take stock Glocks, modify them in a trivial way, and charge $1k minimum for them. Just watch, it'll happen :)

killathrilla
09-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Ill take my 20 year old norinco any day over that overpriced and over hyped mazdaratti!

starsnuffer
09-16-2011, 11:22 AM

I disagree.

I think Sons of Guns has "gotten folks" who never touched guns to re-affirm their belief that guns are for stupid rednecks that do stupid things with them. There is no net positive outcome.

-W

frank8097
09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Lol what ever happened to "if you don't like it don't buy it"? Granted, red jacket may not be the most ideal/realistic show about guns, but its still 1 in the probably 3 shows total about guns on TV and thats what matters. Not trying to act like red jackets forum attorney, but its one thing to criticize their projects and its another thing to insult them as people, like I've read here and in many other red jacket threads. Seriously wtf is going through some of your minds when you type? talking about having sex with the owners daughter, calling them a joke, calling them red necks obviously because their white, like guns, and happen to live in the south, some racist *****s on here. How about some of you consider that this website gets ever increasing traffic in the thousands and many of the noob visitors passing by are people that know nothing or little about guns, don't look highly on such immaturity, and will simply exit out and probably remain ignorant to guns forever if they see such rants then decide they don't care to research anymore.

Seriously, if you just want to talk crap about someone do it to their face and if you want to criticize their gunsmith work, then by all means do so in a factual and respectful manner, by simply exposing their follys is more than enough to get your point across. How would you like it if you owned a gun store with your daughter and you read online of how a bunch of dudes want to have sex with her? or if they were insulting your culture/race?, etc.... What ever happened to "Do unto others as you'd like to have done to yourself"? Again this post of mine isn't directed to this thread particularly, but the many red jacket posts I found. Im just saying there should be a moral standard enforced here, so this forum doesn't degrade to a huge compilation of name calling and blind stupidity. Again for those of you that have the attention span of a nat this post is only directed to the blind critics.

Brown Rock
09-16-2011, 11:43 AM
just bought a welder and grinder,gonna open my shop,its gonna be blue sweater firearms,lol.jk
Sounds like a game changer :laugh:

huggybear
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
the first 1000 yard 1911?

Merc1138
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM

They'll open up the new market for that next season.

Cali-Shooter
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM

They gotta test it at 300 yds to prove that it works though. ;)

Akers
09-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I disagree.

I think Sons of Guns has "gotten folks" who never touched guns to re-affirm their belief that guns are for stupid rednecks that do stupid things with them. There is no net positive outcome.

-W

Completely agree. When you see this big A-hole on there running around yelling as his employees and building this garbage it does nothing more than entertain people much like the Jersey shore does. They watch it to laugh, not to say "yea...look, guns have come a long way" To the viewers of this show they are all boomsticks.

notme92069
09-16-2011, 12:20 PM
EVERYTHING they have is overpriced. Its simply because the guy is banking on the show AND people/shoppers who simply don't know that there are better priced guns out there. basically his RJF is popular because of the "cool" TV show. Name recognition gets you more money. I watched the TV show a few times. I personally wouldn't touch their product at the prices they are asking. has nothing to do with affording has to do with simple economics. I am not willing to pay 40% more to simply say I got it at RJF.

If he gets the $$ then he is a smart businessman. At least in the short term. If he can keep production at 100% at these prices then more power to him. I wouldn't pay those prices either. In addition there are lots of companies prices out there I wouldn't pay and those companies don't have TV shows. He doesn't have a monopoly on high prices.

thomashoward
09-16-2011, 1:02 PM
All marketing.
I would not be surprised if the show was set up to market this 1911
kinda like that Grylis guy and his crap product endorsements

Rob454
09-16-2011, 1:17 PM
Lol what ever happened to "if you don't like it don't buy it"? ................... Again for those of you that have the attention span of a nat this post is only directed to the blind critics.

I think the show is poorly done and i simply do not watch it after the second show. When i first heard of it i thought "cool a gun show must see tv" Sorry but the show is horrible. It portrays gun hobbyists as complete idiotic cross eyed drooling morons. I saw a small segment while flipping through channels where Will takes a uzi and shoots blanks at his guys. I don't give a F**K who you are you are breaking a cardinal rule in gun safety. You couldn't pay me enough to go to work for that cretin and I mean that. There is no way i could work for someone i have no respect for. Take it for what you want criticism or plain rudeness whatever you wanna call it the guy is a self important blowhard. There is NOTHING creative groundbreaking or even remotely original about what he does. Anyone with a few ounces of fabrication skills can do what he does. About the ONLY thing in his shop i do not have is a mill/lathe but that makes no difference cause it doesn't seem like he knows how to use them anyway. The show could of gone in so many directions but what it has become is a show about Will and the crew at RJF and their struggles with a little drama sprinkled in for seasoning and they happen to work on guns. its mind numbing stupid. And no i don't want to have sex with his daughter. Far from it.

And there are PLENTY of people who will buy simply for that reason alone. no different than someone buying something simply because it has a certain name or label. There will always be people who think just because a guy or a company has their name on it it automatically makes them better than the next guy. I could see if the guns were actually BETTER to charge those prices but I doubt they are

Well if you get a group buy together but for some reason I doubt he is in the poor house these days.

If he gets the $$ then he is a smart businessman. At least in the short term. If he can keep production at 100% at these prices then more power to him. I wouldn't pay those prices either. In addition there are lots of companies prices out there I wouldn't pay and those companies don't have TV shows. He doesn't have a monopoly on high prices.

Hey i am all for making as much as you can. But it all depends on how much of a puppet you want to be for the money. yes there are companies who charge as much as he does but I bet a lot of them have higher quality guns.
Granted i have never owned anything from RJF but seeing how they build guns on the show I don't think I want to.

JTROKS
09-16-2011, 1:38 PM
I still watch the show just because he comes up with some very interesting ideas and follow through with his ideas. I think he's got some very good employees and most of the time he treats them well. But when he's behind deadline or something not going his way, sheez he's worst than an old menopausing cougar.

Curley Red
09-16-2011, 1:38 PM
Has anyone actually held one of their guns in their hands or are you all basing your assumptions on what you see on tv? I would like for someone to go down to their shop and actually look at one of their guns and give a true review of whether or not their stuff is good or crap.

Cyc Wid It
09-16-2011, 2:44 PM
Has anyone actually held one of their guns in their hands or are you all basing your assumptions on what you see on tv? I would like for someone to go down to their shop and actually look at one of their guns and give a true review of whether or not their stuff is good or crap.

Why would you ever want to go all the way down there... even on someone else's dollar.

Cyc Wid It
09-16-2011, 2:45 PM
Lol what ever happened to "if you don't like it don't buy it"? Granted, red jacket may not be the most ideal/realistic show about guns, but its still 1 in the probably 3 shows total about guns on TV and thats what matters. Not trying to act like red jackets forum attorney, but its one thing to criticize their projects and its another thing to insult them as people, like I've read here and in many other red jacket threads. Seriously wtf is going through some of your minds when you type? talking about having sex with the owners daughter, calling them a joke, calling them red necks obviously because their white, like guns, and happen to live in the south, some racist *****s on here. How about some of you consider that this website gets ever increasing traffic in the thousands and many of the noob visitors passing by are people that know nothing or little about guns, don't look highly on such immaturity, and will simply exit out and probably remain ignorant to guns forever if they see such rants then decide they don't care to research anymore.

Seriously, if you just want to talk crap about someone do it to their face and if you want to criticize their gunsmith work, then by all means do so in a factual and respectful manner, by simply exposing their follys is more than enough to get your point across. How would you like it if you owned a gun store with your daughter and you read online of how a bunch of dudes want to have sex with her? or if they were insulting your culture/race?, etc.... What ever happened to "Do unto others as you'd like to have done to yourself"? Again this post of mine isn't directed to this thread particularly, but the many red jacket posts I found. Im just saying there should be a moral standard enforced here, so this forum doesn't degrade to a huge compilation of name calling and blind stupidity. Again for those of you that have the attention span of a nat this post is only directed to the blind critics.

Easy solution: don't become a public figure. By signing that contract to being on TV, you're pretty much signing up for all of this.

Kestryll
09-16-2011, 2:51 PM
Easy solution: don't become a public figure. By signing that contract to being on TV, you're pretty much signing up for all of this.

Sadly this is true.

What is sad about it is back when people would go on TV or in public and not worry about recriminations or insults because people were more mature and civil.
Now when people go on TV or in public they DO have to worry because that maturity and civility has been replaced by a childish desire to abuse for our own amusement.

Kestryll
09-16-2011, 2:53 PM
Oh, and there is no way in Hades I would spend $1,700 on that 1911!
Probably a tweaked out RIA...

45DAVID1
09-16-2011, 2:54 PM
"Reality hits you hard bro..."

:D
This ^^^

MossbergMan
09-16-2011, 3:18 PM
I'm a Rifle Dynamics fan...Jim Fullers AKs and Saigas rock! And, they are in Vegas, baby.
Sons of Guns is American Choppers with guns. Same formula: Good idea- mission impossible deadline..drama and until the 12ga. Gatlin gun, a successful build in the eleventh hour.
If I was spending $1700 on a 1911 it'd be a Springfield...oh wait I've already exceeded that limit by a few hundred. Night Hawk, Les Baer, Wilson can also command that kind of money if you want it bad enough, but I think even Tauras has better 1911 name recognition than RJF, at least for now.

CK_32
09-16-2011, 3:18 PM

FTW!

Fictitious Simily
09-16-2011, 5:21 PM
Eh the show is entertaining, I watch it every Wednesday. I have not had any hands on time where there products so i cannot speak for the build quality. Hopefully they'll be back for another season otherwise the only gun show I will have to watch on TV will be Top Shot.

toby
09-16-2011, 5:34 PM

Don't know about that gun, but I have in PERSON touched,sat on, smelled, licked, and admired a Chopper from Orange County Choppers and it's a nice piece! altho way way over priced for what they did. But I still like the show! my wifes work owns the Bike. On the 1911 I am willing to bet it's made elsewhere and touched up and labeled for them.

Cyc Wid It
09-16-2011, 5:50 PM
Oh, and I'm sure a couple shops have seen their AK "builds" for transfers. Did not hear nice things.

Rhythm of Life
09-16-2011, 6:01 PM
A 10 YO in Somalia can come up on an AK and 1911 for a bag of rice.... $1700 for a 1911 and $1k for an AK..... they can shuv it.

Its amazing how much a label can jack a price up.

RealBarber
09-16-2011, 7:32 PM
Jeez, with that money, I'd sooner get a Springfield TRP Operator, and I'd still have money leftover.

...or a Colt Special Combat Government

Merc1138
09-16-2011, 7:44 PM
Sadly this is true.

What is sad about it is back when people would go on TV or in public and not worry about recriminations or insults because people were more mature and civil.
Now when people go on TV or in public they DO have to worry because that maturity and civility has been replaced by a childish desire to abuse for our own amusement.

I just get sick of seeing so many posts about the woman on that show. I don't think there is a single thread on this forum where someone tried to discuss a gun on the show, without at least 5 posts along the lines of:

"UGH, RATFACE"
"I wouldn't hit that with my friend's **** and blame it on so and so"
"omg, fix her teeth"

It's a woman on TV. I don't see these people complaining that Barbara Walters isn't hot when people are talking about the news in a thread(maybe they think Barbara Walters is hot?), so it's ridiculous that every thread about anything Red Jacket makes or has ever been on that show degrades into a stream of basement dwellers complaining about how she isn't to their standards.

The creepy people that want to post that she is hot when the thread was about a 1911 aren't any better either.

BayouBullets
09-16-2011, 7:49 PM
I was in the market to convert an s-12 to AK configuration a few months before this show came on the air. At the time, Red Jacket had a very good reputation for the quality of their work. Here in Louisiana, Mississippi, (300 miles in any direction), every professional and/or NFA dealer I talked with said they did top notch work and recommended them first. I was a little slow getting around to setting it up and found that they had become a TV show. They changed their name to Red Jacket, got busy with TV and I've never completed the communication with them since. The people whose work created the Red Stick/ Red Jacket reputation are no longer doing the day-to-day hands-on. They can't even keep up with the contacts. Lots of less experienced hands are now doing the regular gunsmithing business at a different location. I'm not sure, but I believe they are operating at the old Red Stick building. I could care less about the show. I've seen it a couple of times, but wasn't impressed. My real gripe, however, is that the show has deprived the region of a significant number of its top tier NFA producers. :facepalm::banghead:

MrExel17
09-16-2011, 8:12 PM
Niiice RED JACKET for $1700! I Saw this one before it shoots rockets with a 20-round mag w/AFG...this was inspired after the Beretta/DE, I want one......:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: C'mon ppl Red Jacket!!!!!!

bruce381
09-16-2011, 8:20 PM
For that much they would ahve to have a les baer 1.5 inch 50 yard garrante nah i'd buy a nother baer

Shoot-it
09-16-2011, 8:36 PM

don't get your panties in a twist they made the show and it's public we can criticize all we want.What are you talking about people making sexual comments about his daughter I think she is hideous with those fanges with all the money cant they fix her teeth.:rolleyes:

Dhena81
09-16-2011, 10:48 PM

I almost dropped to floor LMAO that was awesome.

skyscraper
09-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Jeez, I understand cashing in on a little fame but this is ridiculous. I wouldnt pay 600 for a gun they slapped together.

Gabriel
09-17-2011, 12:03 AM

What he said.

TheExpertish
09-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Back to the topic at hand; I wouldn't buy one. Site says the frame is STI, and the serrations on the front of the slide look Kimber to me. But why oh why are there only "front cocking serrations"? For tools like the kid on the "anti-clip" Brady ad? I'm sorry, I want to be happy for their success, but I cannot respect a gun manufacturer that sells and advertises more apparel than guns.

Cali-Shooter
09-17-2011, 12:49 AM
I appreciate the FFL Red Jacket Firearms LLC, in their efforts and work in the show Sons of Guns, which to my perspective is making gun culture more mainstream, given the average of up to 1.79 people that watch the show (was lazy to research, wikipedia number).

However, I refuse to buy products such as firearms which are portable billboards and brand name toys, especially if they have no reputation for quality or performance, yet they are asking for the same amount as firearms from long since proven manufacturers such as Les Baur, Wilson Combat, etc.

Why do they charge that much? Because they can. And people will buy them. Ok, that's fine with them, and for whoever wants a "Red Jacket" stamped 1911. But that ain't me, I'd rather drop the cash on reputable or good value for the money 1911's. That's primarily why my current 1911 is a Kimber, because of good value for the money, and I wanted something higher end than a RIA.

Granted, I've never shot, handled, nor owned a RJF 1911. And I most likely won't, because i suspect the majority of the cost is associated with brand name recognition, and less to do with actual costs associated with the gun itself. But I would love to see reviews and comparisons of these 1911's against it's contemporaries that are the same cost or within the same price range.

huntercf
09-17-2011, 7:30 AM
I would rather see this show on TV then some anti show. Do many of the situations look staged? Yes. But it is for entertainment purposes and c'mon, who wouldn't want to shoot a fully auto at a target that will explode. Also, I'm not a WWE fan but there are alot people who are and we all know about that. As for the 1911, I totally agree you would be paying for the name and not the gun. I personally wouldn't by it because of the price, PLUS did anyone see the delivery time frames. If they are truly that busy that it takes a couple months to deliver a 1911 or an AK then he probably needs to hire more people.

drunktank
09-17-2011, 7:41 AM
People also spend 3 grand on Magpul lowers. Just saying.

Caladain
09-17-2011, 8:38 AM
Thank you starsnuffer, apparently 90% of viewers don't realize that...

Most folks on these boards seem to associate a southern accent with redneck.

G60
09-17-2011, 8:47 AM
Is this the shown with Michael Keaton on it?

MossbergMan
09-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Y'all sayin' "redneck" like it's something bad...ya bunch of grass eating, wine sipping, prius driving, cheapskate weinies (pause to spit out my chew) :puke:

Watch it, don't watch it...buy, don't buy. It's just a TV show. I'm pretty sure that if the TV cameras weren't there 90% of the stuff they do or say, wouldn't happen. And when you work at a "family owned and operated" business you accept that your boss is going to be an Adam Henry on occassion....of course not in CA. we have rules about hostile work environments.....:rant:

That was fun....next.

starsnuffer
09-17-2011, 5:05 PM
Most folks on these boards seem to associate a southern accent with redneck.

I grew up in Florida, and I spent quite a bit of time in Monroe, LA. I know a spade when I see one, despite calling California home for the last 15 years.

-W

helpme
09-17-2011, 9:30 PM
However, if someone shows me his 1911's from RJF, I bet you dollars to donuts if I showed him my Les Baer in response he would ask:
Who's Les Baer?

That $1700 is an introductory price and they offer the same delivery time line as everyone else who have a LONG established history of building them.

What a joke.

Quite simply, those with a RJ 1911 simply don't know 1911's, or are so bored that they already have a bunch of 1911's and want to waste money.

Yep.