PDA

View Full Version : LaserLyte Handgun Target System

helpme
09-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey guys, I'm considering purchasing a target training system from LaserLyte. I was just wondering if anyone has used the different types of laser projectors they offer(sound activated VS firing pin activated) and has any feedback on them?

It's definitely an expensive toy but with my lack of time to actually get to the range at the moment combined with my lack of funds, this seems like it could be a worthy investment. :19:

docwong
09-16-2011, 8:12 PM
I got the firing pin activated and lighted target, definitely worth it. I'm now doing lots of dry fire practice drills and have improved a lot. Nit only that but the family has gotten into it

JoeinLA
09-16-2011, 8:22 PM
I have the one that sticks out the front of the barrel. It works for a few shots, them you have to retighten it. I wouldnt recommend it unless you figure out a way to keep the thing "fixed" in the barrel. The target thing doesnt light up when you hit it; rather, it "remembers" where it was hit and then displays the hits when you "shoot" the display button. Overall, not a very polished product and i didnt think it was worth the $200 or so i sunk into it. Maybe i should sell it :P want to buy a used one?

mikeinla
09-16-2011, 9:44 PM
What about this system????

http://nextleveltraining.com/
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/mikeinla100/SIRT-Pistol-Profile-Gray-Slide-Color-Right.png

helpme
09-17-2011, 12:17 AM
What about this system???? If that system wasn't $500+ I would be very interested...

ChaneRZ
09-17-2011, 12:35 AM
I'd rather buy a new firearm with that price.

helpme
09-17-2011, 1:19 AM

:facepalm:

The whole point is to be able to train and practice at home while not spending any money on ammo. At this point I'm very satisfied with my firearm collection, I'm dissatisfied with the amount of range time I've been able to fit into my schedule.

sofbak
09-17-2011, 9:47 AM
This:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3480628&highlight=target+tone#post3480628

Go to post #8 to see it. This works a whole lot better than the laserlyte system because it provides you continuous audible feed back from the point of aim through breaking the shot. If you don't keep the tone going, you know your trigger management needs work, and you can solve the problem with continual feedback from the TT. Worked very well for me.

Cheaper too, I got this and a quality sitelite laser bore sight all for under $170.

mikeinla
09-17-2011, 11:04 AM
If that system wasn't $500+ I would be very interested...

$350 on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sirt-Training-Pistol-Glock-Laser-Training-Pistol-/300566961483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fb2fdd4b

mikeinla
09-17-2011, 11:06 AM

A real gun will not do what he needs.

MossbergMan
09-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I have found that a simple accessory rail mounted laser device was the fastest way to improve ones trigger control. LaserLyte makes a small unit for under the gun and a rear sight replacement unit (for those that do not have a rail).
Pressing the trigger while watching the dot allows the shooter to concentrate on just trigger control. Once you can consistantly keep the dot steady while manipulating the trigger you can wean off the laser and watch the front sight.
Relatively speaking most of those units are cheaper than a case of ammunition and you'll be reinforcing all the proper techniques.
I've embraced lasers as an auxillary aiming system, especially on small guns with small sights.

helpme
09-17-2011, 3:19 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I ended up purchasing the target and 2 trainer cartridges from Outdooroutfitters.com(they were the best "credible" deal I could find on the net). I'll try and get some pics up and a review of all the items when they come this week :)

vincnet11
09-17-2011, 4:08 PM
Im also interested in buying a laser trainer.

Does it produce accurate results like your shooting live fire?

PanaDP
09-17-2011, 5:05 PM
Wondering two things about this plan:

1. Will a laser trainer actually help you any? I know I've played a whole bunch of arcade shooting games and they don't do **** for my actual shooting ability.

2. If you can't fit real shooting into your schedule, can you fit fake shooting into your schedule?

Old4eyes
09-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I've done a review then updated that review several times since the original posting over at the XD forum:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-xd-m-accessories/151075-laserlyte-lt-pro-review.html

For the most part, I prefer the firing pin activated cartridge over the LT-Pro which goes in the barrel. Have both. I always dry fire with snap caps. The LT-Pro will not insert fully into the barrel of my EMP with a snap cap in place, so the cartridge/firing pin model works well here. The one time on my 9mm guns that I still use the LT-Pro is with my Ruger SR9c. The firing pin stays out after it has fired, keeping the laser on until the slide is racked. By the way, I believe the LT-Pro is vibration activated, not sound activated.

I use the LT-Pro on my revolvers, a 9mm and 45acp cartridge on others. Check out that review link I posted and you'll get just about all that I have to say on the laserlyte system.