PDA

View Full Version : Gunbelt set up

WokMaster1
09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Would love to see how you folks set up your gunbelt for duty, shtf, training or anything else. Trying to get an idea for my own set up. Thanks.

PRCABR4Christ
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't have pics of my rig, but for daily carry I wear a Wilderness belt, a Tim Thurner holster (snap removable pancake or Mike's special), and if I'm wearing an extra mag pouch (when not wearing pants with mag pouches) I wear a Gleason pancake pancake style mag pouch.

vintagearms
09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Duty/training- 5.11 Operator belt, Bianchi mag/OC/handcuff pouches and Blackhawk CQB holster.

Che762x39
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.epsaddlery.com/popup.aspx?src=images/Product/large/14.jpg

Basically for WTSHTF.

hkdad
09-16-2011, 12:05 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/IMAG0051.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/IMAG0050.jpg

hkdad
09-16-2011, 12:20 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/DSC03854.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/DSC03855.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/DSC03856.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/bnitsche/DSC03857.jpg

zod
09-16-2011, 6:00 PM
Now that's damn nice ^^^^

viet4lifeOC
09-16-2011, 7:41 PM
HKdad,

can you give some info as to the make/model of that belt.

I plan to take a pistol class soon so I bought a wilderness tactical belt. Great belt and all, but didn't seem rigid enough to hold up a lot of accessories like holster, mag holders, etc.

I do searches and found battle belts but they seem way to expensive and elaborate..ie have to buy a belt and the battle belt. I knew there must be a middle ground. This seems like it fits the bill.

thank you

Nowwhat
09-16-2011, 7:59 PM
HKdad,

I plan to take a pistol class soon so I bought a wilderness tactical belt. Great belt and all, but didn't seem rigid enough to hold up a lot of accessories like holster, mag holders, etc.

I do searches and found battle belts but they seem way to expensive and elaborate..ie have to buy a belt and the battle belt. I knew there must be a middle ground. This seems like it fits the bill.

thank you

If you think a battle belt is too much....wait till HKdad tells you how much he has into those competition rigs....:43:..

for a pistol class...get a 1.75" riggers belt for $35.00 a kydex double mag holder from blade-tech and a kydex holster....you can always use the riggers belt for a battle belt, thigh rig etc later...

3GunFunShooter
09-16-2011, 8:53 PM
The Wilderness belt is great if you get the 5 stitch with the stiffner insert.
I use mine for 3 gun competition. Can hold 3 pistol mags, 1 AR mag, 3, six shotgun shells carriers, and my pistol.

1911su16b870
09-16-2011, 9:28 PM
IMO a SHTF handgun setup should have a "gun" belt, a holster with retention, and two magazine pouches at 9 O'clock (RH shooter) plus a flashlight and pouch.

viet4lifeOC
09-17-2011, 12:25 AM
What's a rigger belt?

I did get the wilderness 5 stitch instructor for the handgun coarse..will hold up holster and 2-3 mag holders. But not much more. I thought about buying it with the stiff insert, but decided against it after reading a lot if reviews. Now I wish I had.

That's exactly what i 'm trying to get..a SHTF belt...ie intruder. I just received the maxpedition active shooter bag so I can quickly grab my pistol, pistol mags, M4 mags, shotgun shells, flashlight, first aid kit, etc. Problem is that it's too small and I hate the side sling. The Vtac Brokos belt looks great, but can't decide between the original or new padded ones. A negative is having to buy a belt for the Brokos.

Would like a belt to fit a holster, 3 pistol mags, 1-2 AR mags, flashlight, pouch, etc that can easily be put on (without having to put it through belt loops) and be snug and not hang down.

I'm in my relax shorts, boxer, or PJ...I can run and immediately put on the belt snug without needing belt loops.

Thank you

tacticalcity
09-17-2011, 12:40 AM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/tacticalcity/My%20Gear/BELT_RIG.jpg

This is my training rig as configured for carbine courses. For handgun courses the Maxpedition Drop Pouch and BladeTech Kydex AR Magazine Thigh Rig come off. They sure come in handy when running an AR.

viet4lifeOC
09-17-2011, 1:10 AM
Tacticalcity,

Nice set up.

Say your wearing a pair of loose fitting basketball shorts or PJs....would you be able to put that on quickly and be snug..ie doesn't hang down?

Thank you

Voo
09-17-2011, 7:16 AM
HKdad,

It's a CR Speedbelt. It's pretty much the golden standard in belts for IPSC/USPSA competition shooters.

What you're seeing is only 1/2 of the belt. The belt is a 2 piece system that contains an inner belt and an outer one. (what you see in the pic is the outer belt)

The inner one is made to wear like a normal belt and goes through your belt loops. It has, however, velcro stitched along the entire length of the belt on the side facing out.

The outer belt sits on top of this as it also has velcro stitched across it's length, but on the side facing in.

You simply wear the inner belt through your loops and then "press" the outer one onto it.. To keep the ends from shifting, you tie the two with another piece of velcro (you can see it as it's the piece that says CR SPEED in red)

The thickness of the inner belt is about twice that of a wilderness belt. The outer belt is maybe a 1/3 thicker than the inner (going off memory) It's a very, very stiff system when properly worn.

In the years I've used it in competition, I never once had it slip or shift.. as well as never having seen anyone else's CR Speedbelt fail in any way what so ever...

viet4lifeOC
09-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Voo,

Thanks for the great, detail info

hkdad
09-17-2011, 5:20 PM
It's a CR Speedbelt. It's pretty much the golden standard in belts for IPSC/USPSA competition shooters.

What you're seeing is only 1/2 of the belt. The belt is a 2 piece system that contains an inner belt and an outer one. (what you see in the pic is the outer belt)

The inner one is made to wear like a normal belt and goes through your belt loops. It has, however, velcro stitched along the entire length of the belt on the side facing out.

The outer belt sits on top of this as it also has velcro stitched across it's length, but on the side facing in.

You simply wear the inner belt through your loops and then "press" the outer one onto it.. To keep the ends from shifting, you tie the two with another piece of velcro (you can see it as it's the piece that says CR SPEED in red)

The thickness of the inner belt is about twice that of a wilderness belt. The outer belt is maybe a 1/3 thicker than the inner (going off memory) It's a very, very stiff system when properly worn.

In the years I've used it in competition, I never once had it slip or shift.. as well as never having seen anyone else's CR Speedbelt fail in any way what so ever...

You summed it up pretty well. Tnx.

Dhena81
09-17-2011, 5:51 PM
I'm guilty I copied magpul dynamics I have ravenconcealment holsters and mag pouches with MD cuts and an Ares gear ranger belt that's my pistol rig.

tacticalcity
09-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Tacticalcity,

Nice set up.

Say your wearing a pair of loose fitting basketball shorts or PJs....would you be able to put that on quickly and be snug..ie doesn't hang down?

Thank you

A nylon duty belt would be more appropriate and faster put on in that type of situation. The plastic clips on both ends keeps the gear from slipping off the belt while you put it on. Considered getting one for a while now because the thigh rig causes the pants to pull down a little when running.

But for duty wear and training on the handgun the setup is perfect. Works great with cargo paints and jeans.

I don't wear clothes when I sleep. So if somebody is breaking in I would be an intersting sight for them. I'd just grab the gun out the night stand and go. No belt. My apartment is so small there would be no time for such a luxury.

tacticalcity
09-17-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm guilty I copied magpul dynamics I have ravenconcealment holsters and mag pouches with MD cuts and an Ares gear ranger belt that's my pistol rig.

All excellent gear.

vinny_land
09-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Currently use a 5.11 Operator belt for all my gunbelt needs right now. Did a IDPA and a USPSA match and really liking the CR Speed belts. Looking to get one just for competition use and keep my 5.11 when out in the field.

ArkinDomino
09-19-2011, 12:57 AM
I run a Wilderness belt with raven concealment holster and mag carriers for either my m&p9 or nighthawk grp for pistol classes and training on private ranges.