PDA

View Full Version : How to send a handgun to Kahr for repair?

MarkG35
09-15-2011, 3:34 PM
Hello All,
New member here.I have a Kahr K40 that needs repair.I've spoken to Kahr and they sent me an RMA number.I was wondering if anyone has experience sending their gun back to the manufacturer.I have been given conflicting information by two different people working at the same gun shop.
One said "Over night it by UPS declaring it is a firearm"
The other said "Ship it as gun parts through regular UPS delivery"

Any ideas on this.

Thanks

RollingCode3
09-15-2011, 3:37 PM
Hello All,
New member here.I have a Kahr K40 that needs repair.I've spoken to Kahr and they sent me an RMA number.I was wondering if anyone has experience sending their gun back to the manufacturer.I have been given conflicting information by two different people working at the same gun shop.
One said "Over night it by UPS declaring it is a firearm"
The other said "Ship it as gun parts through regular UPS delivery"

Any ideas on this.

Thanks

in bold. Expect to pay 50-60 bucks for it

Kahr doesn't want to pay for shipping but if you call back and keep pushing it, they will send you a shipping label.

LHC30
09-15-2011, 3:38 PM
I would err to caution - send it overnight UPS/Fedex declaring it as a firearm....I am sending my XDm to Springer precision and those are the instructions.

Oceanbob
09-15-2011, 4:25 PM
I would err to caution - send it overnight UPS/Fedex declaring it as a firearm....I am sending my XDm to Springer precision and those are the instructions.

The law requires overnight shipping.

MarkG35
09-15-2011, 5:05 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

paul0660
09-15-2011, 5:14 PM
The law requires overnight shipping.

No. The law requires using a common carrier. The common carriers have decided they want overnight.

If this a warranty issue, Kahr will send you a shipping label (ideally attached to an email that you can print out.

Alternatively, they could send you a shipping label that you pay for, which would still be cheaper than sending it yourself.