PDA

View Full Version : Custom revolver grip makers?

STAGE 2
09-15-2011, 2:45 PM
I have a set of custom grips for a model 19 that fit my had perfectly. They were picked up from a family member who got them ages ago. There aren't any markings so I have no idea who made them. Essentially what I want to do is have a grip maker make a copy of these grips for another revolver I have. Any recommendations for makers that do this type of work?

PRCABR4Christ
09-15-2011, 2:59 PM
I have a guy up here in Lake county that does some good grip work, I dunno where you are, but if you're in driving distance, he does good work

Killawhale415
09-15-2011, 3:01 PM
Put some pictures up here im sure one of the resident smith gurus will be able to ID them or point you in the right direction for something similar.

Are they target style grips?
There are quite a few options out there right now for smith revolvers. I just picked up a set of Ahrends "retro" target grips for my 686 and they are very well made and come at avery competetive price.

http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/

STAGE 2
09-15-2011, 3:14 PM
Put some pictures up here im sure one of the resident smith gurus will be able to ID them or point you in the right direction for something similar.

These were purchased during the 1970's and weren't production so its doubtful.

Are they target style grips?
There are quite a few options out there right now for smith revolvers. I just picked up a set of Ahrends "retro" target grips for my 686 and they are very well made and come at avery competetive price.

http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/

No, just fingergroove combat grips. The gun that I want to have them made for is a ruger security six which is why they need to be custom.

PRCABR4Christ
09-15-2011, 3:16 PM
I have a Ruger Security Six, I can have my guy build you some if you get me a picture of what you're looking for

BigDogatPlay
09-15-2011, 4:21 PM
I have a guy up here in Lake county that does some good grip work, I dunno where you are, but if you're in driving distance, he does good work

I did a PPT with him a year or so ago... he does REALLY good work.