PDA

View Full Version : SP2022 press check question (video) 2 more vids added

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Sorry for the crappy iPhone video
K2ISZZLB7aw

It keeps doing that with JHPs, but not the FMJs.
(note, I took took video with FMJs prior too JHPs)
FMJ live ammo
YvhEzzG9TMA

JHP
_sqB-WJeCzc

So I assume, even if it does push the round forward, it shouldn't result in FTF, right?

Thoughts?

zfields
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
in before CK_32.

My XD does that, a bit. But the real question is, once you cycle the snapcap, will the next round feed? Thats whats important.

Canucky
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Panda does the snap cap tilt up when you do this with your 226? Looks like when you drop the mag, the snap cap is catching on something while been draw out of the pistol? Have you tried it with live rounds? Never had a single problem with mine. Oh and your title on youtube is 2023 not 2022. Good job on the vid.

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 11:30 AM
oops! lol I typo with the iphone lol

It never happened with my p226. I've tried with life ammo and sometimes it even completely pushes the round out of the magazine.

I think it's mags, they're still a bit stiff.

Dannicus
09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Does it reliably feed that second round after press checking?

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Does it reliably feed that second round after press checking?

it actually does, but I wouldn't wanna risk it since I'm considering it to replace my p226 as HD gun.

zfields
09-15-2011, 11:42 AM
When the slide closes, its supposed to strip a round from the mag, is it leaving a bit of a mark on the round blow it? Its probaly just rubbing a little.

Like I said in my first post, my XD does this for sure, never has been a problem.

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
When the slide closes, its supposed to strip a round from the mag, is it leaving a bit of a mark on the round blow it? Its probaly just rubbing a little.

Like I said in my first post, my XD does this for sure, never has been a problem.

sorry, didn't realize that you've mentioned that lol I was laughing too hard about the CK reference.

JeremyS
09-15-2011, 11:50 AM
You brought almost the entire case out of the chamber when checking. Will it do it if you expose a lot less of the case? Usually if I press check, I don't bring the slide back that far... just enough to see brass. Not saying one is right and the other wrong -- I don't think anybody actually taught me the proper amount and I don't think I ever tried to research that, if there is a "proper" amount -- but thinking maybe that problem wont happen if the round only gets pulled from the chamber as little as possible while still allowing you to verify that it's there...

Slicendice
09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
^^ what he said...

CK_32
09-15-2011, 12:10 PM
in before CK_32.

My XD does that, a bit. But the real question is, once you cycle the snapcap, will the next round feed? Thats whats important.

When I read the title all I thought to my self was..

:facepalm: oh god not again..

Ill let you guys share your wisdom on this one and ill gladly stay out.

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 12:22 PM
When I read the title all I thought to my self was..

:facepalm: oh god not again..

Ill let you guys share your wisdom on this one and ill gladly stay out.

oh, cmon ! don't be like that CK!

BTW, guys, I did two more vids, one with FMJ live rounds and another with JHP rounds, they will be up in a minute, Check the OP.

Canucky
09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Panda how many rounds have you fired out the 2022?

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Panda how many rounds have you fired out the 2022?

0 lol didn't take it out yet. Planning on doing it tomorrow

Canucky
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Take the 226 with you. There both 40cal? Right. Just want to see what you think of the different retorte between medal and the lighter 2022.

Sturnovik
09-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Give us a range report! I bought a Smith 66 instead of getting a Sig pro, wishing I had placed a deposit on one but theres none up here in Norcal.

As far as press checking, I do it on all my stuff but even on my Sig you dont need to retract it that far. I used to and encountered issues, the more you retract it the more likely it will have an issue with seating or magazine issues. I do it only enough to see just a bit past the brass and let it slide forward.

PandaLuv
09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
will do guys !

thank you for the input

osxgp
09-16-2011, 12:37 AM
My guns do the same thing: H&K, Glock, S&W, etc. Polymer framed pistols seem to have this problem. When you do a "press check", it is pushing the top round in the magazine foward. When you drop the mag after a press check, the bullet that is a little foward is catching on the ramp of the frame of the gun and then the mag release. In turn, it pulls the bullet upward when you drop the mag. It's normal. A JHP round has more to snag than a standard FMJ, so that would possibly explain why it does it in the video. Snap caps have no weight, so that isn't suprising those want to fly out.

PS: Technically, a "press check" is done on a 1911 with a GI guide rod and plug because you "press" the plug against something to see if there is a round in the chamber. You can't do a "press check" on a gun with a full length guide rod....Its a "pull" check. A press check sounds much better than a pull check though. lol