PDA

View Full Version : Surefire G3 Xenon $29.99 at Midway

Mezcalfud
09-14-2011, 9:15 PM
I know nothing about the flashlight, but looks like a good deal if you are into that kind of thing....

glock 357
09-14-2011, 9:20 PM
The light is pretty damn bright for it's size. I can shine this guy down the block and light up the street. Though it does not last more than 2 hours at the most. Have yet to torture test mine :)

$29 is a deal I picked up a few more. A must have for emergencies but I must warn buy some batteries, 12 pack or more for storage. Suposidly the batteries have a 10 year shelf life.

makav3li
09-14-2011, 10:41 PM
link for the lazy (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/default.aspx?productnumber=519092)

Mezcalfud
09-15-2011, 9:24 AM
I was lazy.

Lead Waster
09-15-2011, 3:22 PM
So the batteries are about a buck a piece, and you need 3 of them.

Can this be mounted on a shotgun without it falling apart?

Thanks for the link!

HPGunner
09-15-2011, 5:16 PM
I just ordered one for one of my AR15's and I figured $30 is cheap enough to give it a shot. But it's nothing like a recoil of a shotty.

I did a quick google search on surefire and shotguns and found a couple of forums discussing that in some instances Surefire's dedicated shotgun lights using incandescent bulbs going out from recoil. They make a shock bezel for their lights that are subject to heavy recoil, but I'm not sure if they have one that fits all their lights. They also have LED conversions you can get to convert it to LED, but again I don't know if they have one for this model and how much it will cost. I'd suggest going directly to an LED light and add a shock bezel if your going to use it on your shotgun.

ZNinerFan
09-19-2011, 7:24 PM
In for 2. One for the house and one for the car.

glock 357
09-19-2011, 9:50 PM
So the batteries are about a buck a piece, and you need 3 of them.

Can this be mounted on a shotgun without it falling apart?

Thanks for the link!

A buck a piece is good. Try a hardware store they sell a pair for $10 so $1 a piece is nothing. Has a 10 year shelf life. Just don't play with the light, again the run time is not that long.

For a longer light like the G3, it's kind of funky for a mounted light but can be done. I slapped on a G2 on one of my AR's with a remote. I used a scope ring to mount the G2 on the rail.

For a SHTF or emergency light, this will do the job. Toss one in the truck, one in the wifes car and in your emergency kit.

sdjetpilot
09-20-2011, 9:40 PM
any idea how much shipping is?

artichokie
09-21-2011, 9:10 AM
Anyone know if the bezel is aluminum or nitrolon?

djleisure
09-21-2011, 9:56 AM
That's a good deal - grabbed a couple - thanks!

djleisure
09-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Anyone know if the bezel is aluminum or nitrolon?
In the "features" section it says the bezel is Lexan.

Quinc
09-21-2011, 12:13 PM
This will have to hold me over tell a good deal on The Torch! :D

spits55
09-27-2011, 1:52 PM
Bought one of these and received it today I'm not impressed at all, I would not recommend it to anyone, I did go to Costco and picked up Techlite 150 Lumens High-Intensity Tactical Flashlight 3-Pack! CREE XPE L.E.D.!! for $19.99 these things work awesome! (Santa Clara Costco)

djleisure
09-27-2011, 3:34 PM
Bought one of these and received it today I'm not impressed at all, I would not recommend it to anyone, I did go to Costco and picked up Techlite 150 Lumens High-Intensity Tactical Flashlight 3-Pack! CREE XPE L.E.D.!! for $19.99 these things work awesome! (Santa Clara Costco)
I would have to agree with this statement. I thought I might swap out a TLR-1 on one of my carbines with this, but I was way underwhelmed. The C4 bulb in the TLR-1 casts a much nicer beam, but I guess that's why it's quite a bit more expensive! Oh well, it will work just fine in the truck - it was worth a shot!

Also, I'll have to see if they have those Techlite's at the Costco out near me - thanks for the heads up!

Ishoot
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks OP..in for two. US made Surefire for $30. Sounds like a deal to me.

jessegpresley
09-30-2011, 4:32 PM
Thanks OP..in for two. US made Surefire for $30. Sounds like a deal to me.

Word. US made flashlight by Surefire will be higher quality than any Chinese made bulk pack.

SamIAm
09-30-2011, 5:51 PM
Word. US made flashlight by Surefire will be higher quality than any Chinese made bulk pack.

I have the Costco and the Surefire. Definitely better quality, even though the Surefire is plastic Xenon and the Costco one is aluminum LED. Though the Costco one has better battery life.

spits55
10-03-2011, 9:12 PM

I try to support US made products but between the Surefire G3 which I'm sure it's Surefire's lowest model and the Techlite, I would pick the Techlite and I'm only talking just between the two not all of the models from Surefire.... Go spend the $20 bucks and I would guarantee you would agree..

motorwerks
10-25-2011, 8:59 PM
I bought one too. With the P-91 bulb its almost twice as bright doesn't mater to me I bought it to mod anyway. Mines going to end up with a 9v drop in bulb probably from Malkov and an Aluminum bezel. Hell you can run any of the newer 120 Lumen bezels like this one. http://www.surefire.com/KX4D-LED-Conversion-Head

or there's a bunch of stuff over here that will boost the level of light.

http://www.oveready.com/