PDA

View Full Version : Another Place to buy Beowulf Ammo?

cornholio1
01-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Does anybody local (SoCal) have any Beowulf ammo for sale? Everyone online only has the 400 grain left. I want the 334 hollow points as well.

C.G.
01-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Does anybody local (SoCal) have any Beowulf ammo for sale? Everyone online only has the 400 grain left. I want the 334 hollow points as well.

Most likely you won't find Beowulf ammo locally, there is not enough demand for it.
Have you tried:
http://store.50beowulf.com/

You ought to get into reloading those, they are not that difficult to reload.

grammaton76
01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Once you figure out that the Lee powder funnel is mandatory (it includes an expander), even if you're using a Dillon press, it all works great.

My 650 cranks out Beowulf for around 24c/shot...

Oh, I forgot to mention that Iron Sights (shooting range) in Oceanside actually stocks Beowulf. Think it's the 334gr stuff.

C.G.
01-30-2007, 4:43 PM
Once you figure out that the Lee powder funnel is mandatory (it includes an expander), even if you're using a Dillon press, it all works great.

My 650 cranks out Beowulf for around 24c/shot...

I don't crank out that much in an hour on my Rockchucker, but that again I don't go through it like I would through 5.56.

I use the funnel that came with the Rockchucker kit, it works fine. The thing I had to figure out was the right crimp, initially I was not crimping enough.

What kind of bullets have you loaded? So far I've only done 334 and 400.

grammaton76
01-30-2007, 5:06 PM
I don't crank out that much in an hour on my Rockchucker, but that again I don't go through it like I would through 5.56.

I use the funnel that came with the Rockchucker kit, it works fine. The thing I had to figure out was the right crimp, initially I was not crimping enough.

What kind of bullets have you loaded? So far I've only done 334 and 400.

Just 334, the Rainier stuff.