PDA

View Full Version : ,,,,

Foriegn power
09-13-2011, 8:46 PM
Hhh

RollingCode3
09-13-2011, 9:38 PM
GWC has some very good instructors. Most of them are former/retired cops. :patriot: Good luck finding parking on the weekend due to the swap meet.

TheExpertish
09-15-2011, 9:32 AM
I went down here in San Diego. My advice is find out where departments send their recruits, and then DON'T go there. Open enrollee's always seem to have a stigma at a regional academy. Extended formats are well worth the extra time. That coupled with your degree will make you a very good candidate.

Garand1911
09-15-2011, 2:43 PM
If Rio Hondo Academy is back up and running, then go there.

Lots of smaller depts send their recruits there.

tyrist
09-15-2011, 8:58 PM
I would advise you to get hired prior to going to the academy. I would hate for you to spend all that time and money and end up not getting hired. If you are a strong candidate somebody will hire you whether you have gone through the academy or not. Times are very tough for our profession these days.

eNeSeX 95T
09-16-2011, 8:39 AM
I went to GWC Police Academy. I highly recommend it.

RedMongooSe
09-27-2011, 6:44 PM
I was self sponsored out of GWC... go for it! I recommend it!

Petro6golf
09-27-2011, 10:53 PM
I went to Napa. Great academy. Good luck finding a department to sponsor you. Fork over the $3000 and 6 months and make it work. Its not fun to go through twice, trust me.

PineStreet
09-28-2011, 2:51 PM
I was self sponsored out of GWC... go for it! I recommend it!

Self Sponsoring got me a job. I applied 6-8 places and was told multiple time even though it was advertised as a recruit opening the department was really looking for a lateral or academy graduate.

I self sponsored, didn't apply to anyone who didn't come to Golden West recruiting, and I had three departments rushing my background competing to finish my process first right after graduation.

Depending on you financial/family situation, your background, and how well you think you will perform in the academy self sponsoring may work for you. The only thing I know for sure is that it won't hurt your chances.