PDA

View Full Version : Valdada 1.5-8x26, Good or Bad

libfire224
09-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi, i'm new to scoped rifles, i'm looking for the most bang for my buck on a M-14 with the sage ebr stock. After looking at a lot of info, i've come to one conclusion, every company says their products is the brightest, best scope. I'm leaning towards the Valdada 1.5-8x26 scope because it will do close up work and claims to reach out to 800 meters no problem, so i guess what i'm asking is if anyone has had experience with this scope, is it as capable as they claim and is the glass as good.

I appreciate any input, and thank you in advance

pc_load_letter
09-14-2011, 1:39 PM
Never heard anything good or bad. Might want to see if MilitaryMorons did a review.

But if you want to spend that much...you options like the US Optics 1.5-6 found here...

http://www.amazon.com/U-S-Optics-1-5-6x28mm-Slimline-SN4-1MIL/dp/B002T8N7QU

Good luck with your choice and congrats on the M14 with sage stock. That's mu dream firearm right there.

PCLL

Droppin Deuces
09-14-2011, 9:43 PM
There are links to a couple of magazine articles on the IOR site. I was considering that same scope, but went with an RCO-M4 instead.

brando
09-14-2011, 10:00 PM
IOR Valdata scopes are an excellent value - definitely in the mid-range quality and features. While they're not as durable as Nightforce scopes, in my opinion, the glass is better. My main problem with them is the quality of their turrets. Every single one I've owned has been too mushy for my tastes. However, this is a moot point if you're looking for a close-in optic that you're not going to dial much with.

Since it's an M14 you're looking at, I suggest you put more scrutiny on the mount. M14s are notorious for crappy scope mounts. Unfortunately you'll have to spend the money and get one of the high-end mounts if you're going to scope your rifle.

CSTactical
09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
The IOR 1.5-8x is one of my favorites IOR scopes they make. We have not hand any issues with them. They just came out with a unit that will has a BDC turret along with a BDC RET. I have used a few of them.

Mike @ CST

Hoop
09-15-2011, 4:56 PM
Hi, i'm new to scoped rifles, i'm looking for the most bang for my buck on a M-14 with the sage ebr stock. After looking at a lot of info, i've come to one conclusion, every company says their products is the brightest, best scope. I'm leaning towards the Valdada 1.5-8x26 scope because it will do close up work and claims to reach out to 800 meters no problem, so i guess what i'm asking is if anyone has had experience with this scope, is it as capable as they claim and is the glass as good.

I appreciate any input, and thank you in advance

If I were you I'd get the IOR 2.5-10 FFP model. I was interested in the 1.5-8 until I used one. It's fine for a carbine or for shooting steel but I prefer their MP8 reticule and FFP to a CQB style reticule in the SFP. Now, if they made their 1.5-8 with a really bright red dot and an MP8 reticule in FFP it would be tits but they don't...

Another good scope would be the 3-9 super sniper FFP, it has a reticule very similar to the IOR and the glass quality is probably 90% the IOR for 50% the price.

libfire224
09-15-2011, 5:57 PM
Thanks everybody, you giving me alot to think about, Hoops, i had looked at the valdada spartan, but the 2x has been shot down for in close work, as far as the reticule, i did like the mp8, but most of my shots will be under 200yards, or up close. Thanks again everybody, i really appreciate the input and the knowledge, I'm becoming a big fan of calguns,

uscbigdawg
09-15-2011, 7:11 PM
It's an awesome scope. Buddy of mine is running it alot for 3-Gun and loves it.

Rich

LibertyOptics
09-16-2011, 8:44 PM
It's all good with that scope. The reticle is made for .223, and the BDC cam is for .308. The kicker is that both are useful for either to about 400 yards or so, and the knob takes you out to 800m

Scott

libfire224
09-19-2011, 1:19 PM
Well, again thanks for all the input, i really appreciate it, this is a great site, love all the info, i decided on the Valdada, and the kicker is they are having a special now, buy any variable scope and you get a red-dot or set of binoculars free, couldnt pass it up, Liberty Optics took care of me and i should have the scope soon, i will post some pics and review of the scope once i put it thru its paces. thanks again for all the input and thanks Scott from Liberty Optics for taking care of me

libfire224
09-20-2011, 3:17 PM
Ok, scope is here, wow are the optics great, feels very heavy duty, love the reticule. little worried about the 308 bdc dial, not alot of adjustment there, we'll have to see how that pans out, cant wait to shoot it, i'll let you know how that goes