PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a S12 to be converted by Jack Travers

bighead
09-13-2011, 12:05 AM
What do the Saiga owners deem absolutely necessary for these things?I want a fixed tromix stock other than that I just want it to feed reliably.Also if any of you have a S12 by him feel free to chime in.Does it need a muzzle break and new sights?A rail?I appreciate any input you guys can provide.Thanks in advance.

regards

SJgunguy24
09-13-2011, 12:22 AM
That magwell of his is basically useless in CA since we need mag locks. With reshaping of the bolt you can have easy mag changes without milling the magwell or needing specially modified mags.

edward
09-13-2011, 4:36 AM
This thing here seems like a decent cali-alternative (not cali-specific-alternative, just a good alternative) to the magwells that won't do anything for us. I'm pondering getting it for mine but haven't decided yet.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-414/Saiga-12-Magazine-/Detail

Sicarius
09-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Recontoured and polished bolt/carrier is a good start. Muzzle brake is only good for getting the us parts count up for the conversion... and looks. hehe. Have the gas system checked as far as the right ammount of holes and drilled correctly.
Kevin

bighead
09-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys.The magwell issue I cant adress in Ca.Im thinking of a VFG and the chaos sights.

SJgunguy24
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Recontoured and polished bolt/carrier is a good start. Muzzle brake is only good for getting the us parts count up for the conversion... and looks. hehe. Have the gas system checked as far as the right ammount of holes and drilled correctly.
Kevin

No muzzle device installed when imported, the brake doesn't count for 922r