PDA

View Full Version : Any good public areas to hunt pig in Nor Cal

SmokinGun
01-29-2007, 6:44 PM
I was wondering if there are any good public hunting grounds where pig can be found in Nor Cal. I found the info below on the BLM Hollister Field Office website. Anyone had any luck in any of these areas?

Williams Hill
Deer, Wild Pig, Upland Game Bird, Small Game, Varmint

Stockdale Mtn.
Deer, Wild Pig

Joaquin Ridge
Deer, Wild pig. Small Game

Laguna Mountain
Deer, Wild Pig, Upland Game Bird, Small Game. Varmint

Curry Mountain
Deer, Wild Pig

RJ Dunn
01-29-2007, 10:10 PM
In the early 90's me and my brother used to catch some nice size boars out of Laguna Mtn. But, we were using dogs to do it. If your just hunting with a rifle,you better be in some good shape and be prepared to walk along ways. They are there but you're going to have to work for em. Sorry to be a downer but, that is the way it is when you're hunting CA BLM land.

WOLFPACK117
01-30-2007, 9:06 PM
Fort Hunter Liggett:
Wild Pig
Deer
Elk
Jack Rabbit
Cayote
Quail
$25 fee For weekend hunt or $75 annual membership.

wooger
01-31-2007, 5:38 PM
In the early 90's my brother and I also hunted Laguna ; was tough hiking and would have been better with dogs. Hunter Ligget was good. Whatever you do don't take Durwood Hollis' advice!

SmokinGun
01-31-2007, 6:55 PM
Does Hunter Ligget have good public access? How is the terrain?

Gringo Bandito
01-31-2007, 7:29 PM
I was wondering if there are any good public hunting grounds where pig can be found in Nor Cal. I found the info below on the BLM Hollister Field Office website. Anyone had any luck in any of these areas?

Williams Hill
Deer, Wild Pig, Upland Game Bird, Small Game, Varmint

Stockdale Mtn.
Deer, Wild Pig

Joaquin Ridge
Deer, Wild pig. Small Game

Laguna Mountain
Deer, Wild Pig, Upland Game Bird, Small Game. Varmint

Curry Mountain
Deer, Wild Pig

This may help a little.

http://www.californiagameandfish.com/hunting/big-game-hunting/CA_0106_02/index2.html

www.dfg.ca.gov/hunting/pig/pigtk04.pdf - -Kill report

pieeater
01-31-2007, 8:26 PM
In the early 90's me and my brother used to catch some nice size boars out of Laguna Mtn. But, we were using dogs to do it. If your just hunting with a rifle,you better be in some good shape and be prepared to walk along ways. They are there but you're going to have to work for em. Sorry to be a downer but, that is the way it is when you're hunting CA BLM land.

Used to hunt there in the early eightys, no dogs. A lot of walking and crawling thru brush. I cant believe the torture I endured for a stupid pig.