PDA

View Full Version : Which flip up sights?

Mr. Incognito
09-12-2011, 2:55 PM
Which flip up sights do you guys recommend (which I will eventually buy) for my AR? I'll be viewing through my Eotech 512, so idk if height or anything will be an issue with certain brands.

I have all magpul furniture, but wasn't sure how good their flip up sights actually are when it comes to aiming.

coq
09-12-2011, 3:00 PM
Rear sight only to use with Eotech? Here's one suggestion...works great for me, either with or without Eotech riser.

A.R.M.S. #40L Low Profile Flip-Up Rear Sight.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/KNKKNhiPouBstMGbSHwFmOkyu8Zw4gBeAIe4CymIfakSgBzQyd Z_Y-x_BiH_JKTNzWVuYdqDIktvJpwey15ShLMdXhgNsCBxzFmEDw--XGRCl6Y-dwVQQC6f5Do5JAvxWsfSsjYrkDU4QDUgSJKipHygR_Pzg1-6khpUoEfDhK4

Mr. Incognito
09-12-2011, 3:06 PM
Actually need front and rear...

So I need a riser for my eotech with that one ^^^ ?

rero360
09-12-2011, 3:11 PM
Troy

//thread

edgerly779
09-12-2011, 3:39 PM
I have a matech 600 meter buis flip up rear sight for sale I just got it at gun show and its not going to work for me .They are 95 bucks online, I am asking $60 shipped. If you want to see it go to matech buis site and they have a picture. edgerly7791@att.net These are the same ones military uses.

rero360
09-12-2011, 3:51 PM
I have a matech 600 meter buis flip up rear sight for sale I just got it at gun show and its not going to work for me .They are 95 bucks online, I am asking $60 shipped. If you want to see it go to matech buis site and they have a picture. edgerly7791@att.net These are the same ones military uses.

I personally hate them, I've found that they (at least the ones I've used) don't maintain zero as well as they should, are calibrated for a 20" barrel, therefor the settings for the different ranges aren't accurate for different length barrels. Additionally I feel that the adjustments are too course for getting a solid accurate zero. I competed in a match with an M4 with one of the Matechs and felt I was at a serious disadvantage to the guys who were shooting M16s with the normal rear sights (yes the higher velocity and longer sight radius of the M16 helps as well)

applevalleyjoe
09-12-2011, 4:26 PM
I personally hate them, I've found that they (at least the ones I've used) don't maintain zero as well as they should, are calibrated for a 20" barrel, therefor the settings for the different ranges aren't accurate for different length barrels. Additionally I feel that the adjustments are too course for getting a solid accurate zero. I competed in a match with an M4 with one of the Matechs and felt I was at a serious disadvantage to the guys who were shooting M16s with the normal rear sights (yes the higher velocity and longer sight radius of the M16 helps as well)

Interesting....I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere before. Maybe that's why there are so many for sale. :cool:

ejhc11
09-12-2011, 5:37 PM
Interesting....I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere before. Maybe that's why there are so many for sale. :cool:

There are a whole lot of them in the Calguns Marketplace, vendors and personal sales for under $60. I didn't like them because the more knobs and adjustments the more of possibility of losing zero.

Picked up a Troy rear folding during the Labor Day sale for $83 shipped from PA and got a fixed Daniel Defense A2 up front for $50 shipped from MidwayUSA.