View Full Version : New M&P 15-22 mag accessory

09-11-2011, 9:21 PM
Just a heads up for those interested:

From the S&W forums:

GRIPP magtabs for the 15-22 25 round mags are ready to ship! Constructed of rugged injection molded plastics that replaces the standard floor plate in seconds, the GRIPP magtab assists you in accessing your mags from your pouches.

GRIPP magtabs are currently available in black but Desert Tan, Foliage Green, Olive Drab colors to compliment your Magpul accessories will be available very soon.

Prices excluding shipping are as follows:

1 piece: USD 9.95
3 pack: USD 26.95 (8.99 ea)
6 pack: USD 47.95 (7.99 ea)
9 pack: USD 62.95 (6.99 ea)
12 pack ++: USD 71.95 (5.99 ea)

Parcels will be dispatched from Thailand by registered airmail for $5 world wide and takes about 2-3 weeks for delivery. Expedited shipping is available at cost.

Payments accepted via Paypal only at:

Kindly place your orders by sending me an email stating your preferred color and quantities. Parcels will be sent to confirmed Paypal addresses only.

Thanks to the forum for a great community.

09-11-2011, 10:46 PM
ha ha a Magpul-esque item just for the 15-22!
I love it!
Im not sure I love it shipping from Thailand though...

09-11-2011, 11:34 PM
He joined the "S&W Vendor Program" and now has a "Silver contributer" thing under his name there after a mod recommended he do so. He should be good to go.

Haha oh yeah, I might as well plug this guy too:

I was contemplating buying one since I had to send in my Magpul front sight in for work/replacement. It's $55 for the thing.
I'll leave the link to it here if it's okay: http://trueshottechnologies.com/SMITH_WESSON_1522.html

09-12-2011, 9:23 PM
looks interesting, price is a bit steep for one

09-12-2011, 11:21 PM
looks interesting, price is a bit steep for one

I thought it was cheap but I guess the Magpul ones come out to $5 each for a 3-pack? I'd try one but I don't need the accessory.

09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I thought it was cheap but I guess the Magpul ones come out to $5 each for a 3-pack? I'd try one but I don't need the accessory.

right if it was 10 for even 2 it would probably sell better, plus you need to pay for shipping

09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Here's his response regarding price n' such:

"Point taken on pricing. I haven't mentioned that 25 round magazines here cost $120 a pop! Crazy but true. So for me to have a loop/butt plate at less than 10% the cost of a magazine is justifable. In the US I imagine 25 round mags are between $15-$20?

My investment in tooling has been expensive and, amortized by a small volume of first production batch of 4 colors, cost still remains high. I am a one man effort unlike Magpul who will have production runs into 10s or 100s of thousand units. Piece costs naturally diminish quite quickly when you're looking at larger volumes (not to mention the demand and brand presence extending beyond real firearms into the airsoft market - since they fit both). My GRIPPS is exclusive to just the 15-22 and I'm still in the unknown about the real production quantities out there. Any ideas?

My pricing strategy is the more you buy the cheaper it gets. It's currently down to $6 per pack of 12. At what cost are you happy to pay for? How many mags does the average US owner have?

By the way I'm interested in designing a 10 round version for this but short mags are just not available here. I realize there's a legal restriction in sending mags outside the US but if there's anyone with perhaps a broken 10 rounder who is willing to sell me one (if that makes it legal) I'll be happy to hear from you.