PDA

View Full Version : Burris fast fire 2 any good?

1lostinspace
09-10-2011, 5:23 PM
I bought a Prism 332 Burris and now I am thinking of mounting a Fast Fire on it?
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on one?

Droppin Deuces
09-10-2011, 6:03 PM
Yes, it's a good sight for the money. Try Calssportingarmory.com. There are lots of cool mounting options for it as well.

ejhc11
09-10-2011, 6:53 PM
It has a 50yd parallax just in case you didn't know. Kinda defeats any CQB. Was thinking of mounting it on my PEPR mount but with that parallax my scope could even do the job.

1lostinspace
09-11-2011, 10:27 AM
It has a 50yd parallax just in case you didn't know. Kinda defeats any CQB. Was thinking of mounting it on my PEPR mount but with that parallax my scope could even do the job.

How does Parallax come into play in a 1X red dot?

1lostinspace
09-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Yes, it's a good sight for the money. Try Calssportingarmory.com. There are lots of cool mounting options for it as well.

not bad the price is right

OpticsPlanet
09-13-2011, 5:57 AM
Even with a 1x scope or sight you will still have a parallax. Many companies claim to be prallax free, but really arent. With that being said, there is almost no way to tell any distortion. We did a test here with parallax and saw very little difference at very close ranges. You will certainly not have a problem at al and this is what the fastfire is designed for.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-fastfire-w-picatinny-mount-4-moa-dot-mat-fastfire-sight.html

Trevor B

1lostinspace
09-18-2011, 9:55 AM
Even with a 1x scope or sight you will still have a parallax. Many companies claim to be prallax free, but really arent. With that being said, there is almost no way to tell any distortion. We did a test here with parallax and saw very little difference at very close ranges. You will certainly not have a problem at al and this is what the fastfire is designed for.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-fastfire-w-picatinny-mount-4-moa-dot-mat-fastfire-sight.html

Trevor B

Now I heard that to load a new battery you have to dismount the sight because it's loaded from the bottom?

OpticsPlanet
09-19-2011, 7:11 AM
Yes, on almost all MRD's you will need to remove the sight to swap out the battery. Some exceptions are the C-More sight which the battery can pull out without the sight being removed or the Trijicon RMR Dual that is fiber optics and tritium powered. These mini red dots have a very very long battery life and you will probably not need to change the battery for a very long time.

Trevor B

GW
10-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes, on almost all MRD's you will need to remove the sight to swap out the battery. Some exceptions are the C-More sight which the battery can pull out without the sight being removed or the Trijicon RMR Dual that is fiber optics and tritium powered. These mini red dots have a very very long battery life and you will probably not need to change the battery for a very long time.

Trevor B

You folks planning any sales on the Fastfire in the near future?:D

sapper911
10-08-2011, 2:15 PM
For fun one day i mounted a Burris Fast fire on my S&W stealth hunter 44mag. Its still on there and it has held the zero for about 100 rounds of shooting. I FULLY EXPECTED IT TO BREAK. BUT IT HAS BEEN VERRY GOOD.