PDA

View Full Version : GSG 1911 - When they coming?

dedub
09-08-2011, 9:35 PM
About 3 weeks ago, I put a deposit down on a GSG 1911. I called today, but the sales guy really had no idea when they were coming. Any idea when Turners will have them in stock?

Delta-9
09-09-2011, 8:18 AM
Yes, I would also like to know. I put a deposit down on it last weekend. This situation is driving me crazy!

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
About 3 weeks ago, I put a deposit down on a GSG 1911. I called today, but the sales guy really had no idea when they were coming. Any idea when Turners will have them in stock?

Yes, I would also like to know. I put a deposit down on it last weekend. This situation is driving me crazy!

We just received an order today but it is far less guns than we ordered. Demand for this pistol is huge and we have no doubt that demand here in SoCal is likely bigger than other areas.

Deposits are filled by earliest date first, so stores will be contacting those customers for whom we can fill orders as of today. As well, we'll keep the heat up on ATI; they have a winner on their hands and they going to have to work hard to keep up!

dedub
09-11-2011, 8:23 AM
I must have been on the lucky list because I got the call Friday and started my DROS yesterday.

Delta-9
09-11-2011, 9:12 AM
Haven't received my call yet :(

TORRGAR9
09-12-2011, 7:33 AM
Still waiting also, Now if the new Baby Browning 1911-22 can be " Kalif-ed " Probably not cost effective.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Haven't received my call yet :(

More of these just arrived this week so hopefully your turn will come soon.
We're still well short of the total amount we ordered but given the demand, they're having to work hard trying to keep up.

Delta-9
09-21-2011, 7:32 AM
Awesome, thanks for the update.

Delta-9
09-23-2011, 9:23 AM
Did you receive enough to fulfill the orders of people that put down a deposit? I haven't received my call yet.

Delta-9
09-26-2011, 7:49 AM
Didn't receive a call from Turners that my gun was in, so I called them instead. Turns out it is in, DROS'd it. Now the agonizing 10 day wait.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-26-2011, 8:07 AM
Didn't receive a call from Turners that my gun was in, so I called them instead. Turns out it is in, DROS'd it. Now the agonizing 10 day wait.

Delta- we're glad your turn came up (wish they had called you though...)

We still have some folks backed up but we do have many more on order and it sees like they are coming in every 7-10 days or so.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-05-2011, 5:09 PM
We will be getting quite a few of these late this week or early next week and we will be able to fill any outstanding orders and have more available for sale.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-13-2011, 6:44 PM
We have finally received a large order of GSG-1911's and have filled all outstanding orders.

For those of you who haven't bought one yet, you can expect to see them ASAP in an upcoming ad with enough guns that no one should have to wait for any additional shipment.

triplestack3
10-13-2011, 6:46 PM
We have finally received a large order of GSG-1911's and have filled all outstanding orders.

For those of you who haven't bought one yet, you can expect to see them ASAP in an upcoming ad with enough guns that no one should have to wait for any additional shipment.

Very cool... I've been waiting for it to go on sale again.

Slicendice
10-13-2011, 9:47 PM

Ohhh... this is great news! I've been holding out and hoping for a sale, count me in for sure! Picking up the extra day at work this week is a good thing.:chris:

roc_my_tims
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
do you know what the price is now? and when it will be in the ad? and for how much?

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-19-2011, 11:34 AM
do you know what the price is now? and when it will be in the ad? and for how much?

They are going to be a bit more than we initially offered them as ATI just passed a price increase along to us. Please contact your nearest Turner's store for Friday's ad price and up-to-date availability.

roc_my_tims
10-27-2011, 1:01 PM
Over $350 I thought they would be cheaper. I saw a link online where people in other states got the for 289. From another store ofcourse

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 2:18 PM
Over $350 I thought they would be cheaper. I saw a link online where people in other states got the for 289. From another store ofcourse

Ouch, the lowest we've seen "online" and out-of-state is $319; $289 is below current cost and darn near the pre-price increase cost...

roc_my_tims
10-27-2011, 11:09 PM
yeah it looks like it was a few months ago and only for a certain amount of time

there were $282.00 at Midwesthuntersupply in aug.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=277715

dtjester
10-28-2011, 8:48 AM
yeah it looks like it was a few months ago and only for a certain amount of time

there were $282.00 at Midwesthuntersupply in aug.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=277715

That would be Aug. of 2010. I started DROS on mine yesterday at Turner's Corona. I figured they're getting to be pretty popular and I should just grab one while they were on sale.

Slicendice
10-28-2011, 3:33 PM
DROS'd mine last Friday, so picking up on Monday... Can't wait! After transfer fee's and what-not, you don't end up saving THAT much. I'd rather spend the few extra dollars to make sure Turner's stay's around, without them, we'd probably have to pay a LOT more somewhere else.

Socalman
10-28-2011, 8:16 PM
I think the price I saw on it at a local gun shop was a little higher than the Turner's price. I am not opposed to paying the few extra bucks to help the local store that has given me so much great advice in recent years. I was after a Sig Mosquito and was told they would sell it to me but suggested I look seriously at other guns.