PDA

View Full Version : EOTech 511

SHOOT1ST?LATER
09-07-2011, 2:22 PM
Today an EOTech 511 in good shape with original box came up on CL for $300.00 is this a good Holographic sight and is the price a good deal? I am thinking about picking it up and I am curious what I should pay. I plan to mount this on an AR15.

Any help appreciated.

beaster
09-07-2011, 2:52 PM
Brand new they come up online $342 on up. Make sure the windows aren't cracked and check the battery compartment to make sure there's no rust. The 511 seems pretty popular for ARs, I picked up an XPS 2-2 in a group buy on CG and love it!

SHOOT1ST?LATER
09-07-2011, 3:18 PM
thanks for the feed back if you dont mind me asking with the group buy what did you pay for the XPS 2-2

Mr Blu
09-21-2011, 7:26 AM
This is a little late, but EOTech holo sights are the best that I have come into contact with. I have used ACOG's, the Aim-point M68 and the EOTech 512 in combat. The purpose of your firearm, will determine the sight.

The EOTech's have 3 crystal lenses, that as long one of them is not completely shattered, you will get a dot. They also use AA & AAA batteries, so no super hard watch batteries to find.

ACOG's are typically for medium to long range and the M68's have had a tendency to be off-center from the factory, due to it being a tube mounted onto clamps that mount to the firearm. The result, you zero at diagonals instead of up/down, leading to "dancing around the center" on the paper in a sort of circle. And the dot on an EOTech is usually smaller, therefor more accurate, than an M68/Aim-point.

Keep in mind, these are MY observations and MY opinions, based on COMBAT experience.

Good luck to you.

OpticsPlanet
09-21-2011, 7:45 AM
Please be careful - there are a lot of people pushing counterfeits.

EOTech has a page here http://www.eotech-inc.com/counterfeit_notice.php

And a PDF here with photos: http://www.eotech-inc.com/documents/Recognizing%20counterfeit%20EOTech%20Sights%204-09.pdf

I think I would pay the extra and buy from an authorized dealer, with a return policy. I have been burned before.

Mark H.