PDA

View Full Version : Sac Bee reporter doesn't like "ordinary citizens" carrying weapons

harbinger007
09-07-2011, 7:51 AM
Sometime shortly after 8am KFBK (AM 1530) had a Sac Bee reporter on their talk show talking about general things such as a new arena, etc. and co-host Amy asked the Sac Bee report Markus (sp?) what he thought about the guy that was shot dead yesterday by police after waiving a bat around and hitting cars with it. There was no mention that the individual charged the officer even though this detail is mentioned in an article at KFBK http://www.kfbk.com/pages/news.html?feed=429008&article=9073038

Markus said he was near the area at the time and that it was tragic, etc. There was mention that the individual wasn't attacking people. He said he knows LEO need to make tough decisions in tense situations but results can still be tragic and that's why he doesn't like the idea of ordinary citizens carrying weapons.

Guess he'd rather ordinary citizens get their heads bashed in? Anybody else hear this and care to correct any errors I may have made?

incredablehefey
09-07-2011, 8:34 AM
its a good thing i'm special. :stuart:

negolien
09-07-2011, 8:56 AM
I didn't hear or see full text so can't really make a judgement. He is hollywod though so /shrug.

JimSar
09-07-2011, 9:01 AM
I didn't hear or see full text so can't really make a judgement. He is hollywod though so /shrug.

Hollywood? Perhaps you meant Woodland? Sac is what, 500 miles north of Hollywood? :43:

FullMetalJacket
09-07-2011, 9:24 AM
If there are such things as "ordinary" citizens, doesn't that imply the existence of "extraordinary" ones?

Uxi
09-07-2011, 9:46 AM
If there are such things as "ordinary" citizens, doesn't that imply the existence of "extraordinary" ones?

Yeah, the nobility and knights, meaning politicians and military/LEO.

pass242
09-07-2011, 9:50 AM

The MSM is part of the needed societal Great Enema.

harbinger007
09-07-2011, 9:57 AM
For the most part, news in Sacramento had been pretty favorable in regards to 2A, so this comment surprised me a little, even when coming from a Bee reporter.

Quser.619
09-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Wow, a member of the media, in CA, is against guns...:eek:

Cali-Shooter
09-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Hahaha this :laugh:

donw
09-07-2011, 10:16 AM

imagine that...who'd thunk it...:facepalm:

curtisfong
09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah, the nobility and knights, meaning politicians and military/LEO.

Don't forget celebrities and movie producers

Uxi
09-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Don't forget celebrities and movie producers

hmm yeah, I suppose they fit into the aristocracy with the politicians above the knights and men-at-arms.

Drivedabizness
09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Don't forget that everyone's favorite Ex-Sheriff McGuiness has his own radio show Monday afternoons on KFBK. He was one of those who didn't think ordinary folks could be trusted to carry either.

CS Sports
09-07-2011, 11:01 AM
It was Marcos Breton, he comments on just about everything and mostly talks out of his *****. It is not surprising at all coming from him or from the Sac Bee.

harbinger007
09-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Don't forget that everyone's favorite Ex-Sheriff McGuiness has his own radio show Monday afternoons on KFBK. He was one of those who didn't think ordinary folks could be trusted to carry either.

McGuiness saw the light (with some helpful nudging by CGF!) and signed my approval letter last year and also made nothing but supportive comments about LTC late in his term. I had been surprised that the Bee had not been reporting negatively on the big increase in carry licenses being granted but I guess it's still an issue that most of their reports have strong negative views towards.

harbinger007
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM
It was Marcos Breton, he comments on just about everything and mostly talks out of his *****. It is not surprising at all coming from him or from the Sac Bee.

Thanks. Maybe someone who might be so inclined can contact him....my lunch break is over.

Call The Bee's Marcos Breton, (916) 321-1096.

joe_sun
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Brenton is a huge anti gun liberal who on many occasions has expressed his desire to ban guns.

Flintlock Tom
09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I think we're even because I don't think he can be trusted with his 1st Amendment rights either.:)

__

mag360
09-07-2011, 11:58 AM
all Marcos ever talks about is how mean people are about illegal aliens. And he will somehow relate everything to a race or class issue. Only thing worse than him that the bee publishes is Paul Krugman.

mag360
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
warning. if a lot of people contact him..He WILL write about it. Sooo, make sure it's something good like the racial issues of gun control going way back. He might have to pay attention because he is very into anything prejudice or rascist related. (at least when it comes to latinos). Don't just tell him " guns are part of the 2a you idiot" or something like that.

vincewarde
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM
With more and more counties becoming "virtual shall issue", we just need a few years to prove that we are no different than any other place that has gone "shall issue". A few years of nothing bad happening has converted many in the local media in other states.

Curley Red
09-07-2011, 1:26 PM
Marcos Brenton is a donkey or in other words a jack a**, plain and simple. One of the worst reporters.

dobek
09-07-2011, 7:59 PM
OK - so how many of you still subscribe to the Bee?

I have been Bee free for about 5 years now - don't miss it at all - I got tired of their liberal slant and agenda.

I remind them of this EVERY time they call asking if I want to subscribe.

Steve

Tarn_Helm
09-07-2011, 9:17 PM

Never heard of the "A" hole until this thread.

Already know enough about him to conclude that he is an oxygen thief.

I hope he soon finds himself in a situation where being a lawfully armed "ordinary citizen" would have saved his life.

:rant:

Arondos
09-07-2011, 11:04 PM
He wants gun banned, and I want stupid reporters banned. Good thing for him the Constitution protects both.

Cobrafreak
09-08-2011, 5:01 AM
I don't like it when ordinary citizens buy newspapers. Get your news online.

Aegis
09-08-2011, 6:37 AM
I don't care what a no name reporter from a second rate newspaper has to say.

fonso
09-08-2011, 6:59 AM

I have been Bee free for about 5 years now - don't miss it at all - I got tired of their liberal slant and agenda.

Steve

I've received a number of telephone calls asking me to subscribe.

My answer each time: "I wouldn't subscribe to the Bee if it was free."

:D:D

Flouncer
09-08-2011, 7:04 AM

Steve

I quit the Rag back in 2000, after Bush won and they wailed like little *****es.
I don't miss it at all. I even talked to the Ombudsman about why I was cancelling, and he started to argue with me that there was no liberal bias.

The Bee can continue it's decline into obscurity and irrelevance. :43:

mag360
09-08-2011, 8:04 AM
mine is up for renewal. They published a letter to the editor blaming the state for it's environmental laws from holding up solar energy projects that would "HELP GET US OFF FOREIGN OIL" bahaha. Work in the electric industry, if you can show me how solar panels do that, i'll eat my boonie hat.

Paul S
09-08-2011, 4:59 PM
It is his opinion. He is entitled to it. Just as I am entitled to a diametrically opposite view. (see my sig line)
The Bee has been a democratic newspaper with a liberal editorial view ever since James McClatchy back in the gold rush days.

It is OK to rant...but the bottom line is who cares about the Bee? Financially the company has been hurting for years.

harbinger007
09-08-2011, 7:20 PM
It is his opinion. He is entitled to it. Just as I am entitled to a diametrically opposite view. (see my sig line)
The Bee has been a democratic newspaper with a liberal editorial view ever since James McClatchy back in the gold rush days.

It is OK to rant...but the bottom line is who cares about the Bee? Financially the company has been hurting for years.

While the Bee is undoubtedly a liberal rag, it's surprising that KFBK would have him on a segment for one of their talk shows as they are a conservative station. I was also surprised that they left details of the "victims" actions (charging towards the LEO) out of the story.

Paul S
09-08-2011, 7:32 PM
While the Bee is undoubtedly a liberal rag, it's surprising that KFBK would have him on a segment for one of their talk shows as they are a conservative station. I was also surprised that they left details of the "victims" actions (charging towards the LEO) out of the story.

You should not be surprised the Bee reporter/story left that out of the story.
(At least that's how I read your comment.) If you are referring to what I assume is a conservative talk show host who did not bring it up then you are correct. You should challenge the talk show host I believe.

I guess you know KFBK was the flagship radio station of the McClatchy broadcasting empire before Elanor McClatchy's death. Within a few short years after her passing the board dumped all the broadcasting properties.