PDA

View Full Version : (CO/10th Circuit) Peterson v. Kilroy: Oral Arguments Scheduled

Gray Peterson
09-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Looks like Peterson v. Kilroy is currently scheduled for oral argument.

Calendar of Arguments for the 10th Circuit (http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/downloadcalendar.php?fileid=102)

My case is scheduled on November 17th, 2011, 9AM at Courtroom II.

I personally will not be there, as I have a pre-scheduled engagement in Chicago. Assuming this date holds, it'll be the first of the CGF-supported carry cases to be heard by a Circuit Court of Appeal. 10th Circuit is considered a "rocket docket" so a decision is expected within 3 months of hearing.

hoffmang
09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Kilroy. Heh.

-Gene

Connor P Price
09-07-2011, 12:49 AM
This one is sure to be interesting.

Kilroy. Heh.

-Gene

Don't get used to it, it'll be somebody else next week. :facepalm:

Inyoite
09-07-2011, 12:55 AM
So this was formerly LaCabe, yes?

Window_Seat
09-07-2011, 12:57 AM
This one is sure to be interesting.

Don't get used to it, it'll be somebody else next week. :facepalm:

And I thought the Trucking Industry had a high turnover rate... :laugh:

So this was formerly LaCabe, yes?

Yes, initially, then it became Peterson v. Garcia, and now it's Peterson v. Kilroy.

I'd like to go, but it's the car rental that kills the pocketbook, so people might think about sharing car rental.

Erik.

Anchors
09-07-2011, 1:56 AM

Calendar of Arguments for the 10th Circuit (http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/downloadcalendar.php?fileid=102)

I personally will not be there, as I have a pre-scheduled engagement in Chicago. Assuming this date holds, it'll be the first of the CGF-supported carry cases to be heard by a Circuit Court of Appeal. 10th Circuit is considered a "rocket docket" so a decision is expected within 3 months of hearing.

Like music to a Calgunner's ears...

It seems to me there are a few other cases that are set to have the decisions released early 2012...should be an interesting couple of months. Maybe I'll get a nice birthday present (early February) in the form of a case ruling.

press1280
09-07-2011, 3:04 AM

I don't know if that'll happen if SCOTUS grants cert. to Williams or Masciandaro. I was hoping this case may hurry along so it could possibly make it to SCOTUS this term.

hoffmang
09-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't know if that'll happen if SCOTUS grants cert. to Williams or Masciandaro. I was hoping this case may hurry along so it could possibly make it to SCOTUS this term.

Enh... This case is really a right to travel case that also brings up carry. As such it will probably go forward even if there is a cert grant.

-Gene

Kharn
09-08-2011, 2:46 AM
I don't know if that'll happen if SCOTUS grants cert. to Williams or Masciandaro. I was hoping this case may hurry along so it could possibly make it to SCOTUS this term.Given 90 days from orals to a possible ruling, this case will miss the Oct 11 term. It takes about 2 months for the cert briefs, wait a month (more if summer is in the way) for cert, then 3 months for the merits briefs. But, that means Peterson vs Random Sheriff of the Week is easily eligible for SCOTUS next term.

Paladin
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM

10th Circuit is considered a "rocket docket" so a decision is expected within 3 months of hearing.Wish you the best, Gray! I always try to tie these dates to others that are easily remembered. So, you're expecting a decision before Valentine's Day.

Enh... This case is really a right to travel case that also brings up carry. As such it will probably go forward even if there is a cert grant.

-GeneHow long after the 26th's Long Conference will it be before we'll know if they take the case they'll discuss that day? (I forget if it's Williams or the other one.)