PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 .920 barrel to ar upper

bambihunter
09-06-2011, 2:06 PM
So check this out, I would like to build another dedicated ar upper. I would like to have an accurate lightweight walking type of carbine. The Tac Sol LT interests me, I just don't care for the fore end it comes with. I could get one and replace the fore end with a DD Lite but that would be a major outlay of some cash.

Does anyone machine .920 10/22 barrels to fit an AR upper? I remember on AR15.com that a person had one spun for him. I can't help but think a 16 inch carbon or aluminum lightweight barrel with a railed fore end wouldn't look great.

I have thought of using a "pencil barrel" as well but they kind of look goofy to me.

Thanks.

G-forceJunkie
09-06-2011, 7:34 PM
I got a tac sol barrel sitting in front of me. If you started with a 10/22 barrel, you would still have to machine and install/pin a custom barrel extension for it as its a bigger diameter than .920" Then either chamber it for .223 (sound dangerious unless the extension is machined so a .223 bolt could not chamber a .223 round) or modify the adaptor kit. Sounds like alot of work when a skinny pencil barrel is all you need. Put a fake can or something on it if it looks too small.