PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button on a rimfire?

fxjets
09-04-2011, 1:52 PM
Can some one quote for me were I can see in the regs, that a rimfire is exempt from the fixed magizine/ evil features rule?

wilit
09-04-2011, 1:58 PM
12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

Note that it specifically mentions "Centerfire rifle".

Pistols are different however. Rimfire pistols are not exempt like rifles.

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

NorCalDustin
09-04-2011, 4:45 PM
Note that it specifically mentions "Centerfire rifle".

Pistols are different however. Rimfire pistols are not exempt like rifles.

What he said.

Cokebottle
09-04-2011, 5:03 PM
That which is not prohibited is permitted.
You will SOMETIMES find an exemption, but not always.

Rimfire rifles are not specified as falling under SB23.

fxjets
09-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Thank you for all the help. Having a real AR 15 lower scared me. Ill print those regs out and put them in the range bag with all the other paperwork found with the help of my friends at Calguns. All in not wanting to go to jail over having a scary looking gun.