PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T-1 F*** up or LaRue F*** up?

Roecar
09-03-2011, 10:59 PM
So I just got my new Aimpoint T-1 from LaRue with an absolute mount. I had bought this specific mount with the intention of using it on my AK and selling the LaRue mount for "profit." However as I am mounting my T-1 to my MI Optic specific rail mount I encounter a somewhat huge problem. Three screws thread normally while the fourth has been stripped. Mind you I know people will say I overtightened the fourth but all I did was remove it from the mount and barely put it on my AK.

My questions are as follows, do you think LaRue is liable since my best guess is someone at the factory over tightened the screw and hid the fact with an insane amount of locktite or did Aimpoint misthread one hole causing it to strip so easily. I used both LaRue and Aimpoint tools to remove and reapply the optic.

If in the event that neither will accept a manufactures defect, will my T-1 hold zero with only three screws? Should I buy a large screw and thread it by force? I'm kinda surprised with this outcome since all of my previous LaRue and Aimpoint purchases have never "failed" like this.

vintagearms
09-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Why ask here? Why not just call Mark (LaRue) and see what he says?

Roecar
09-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Well that was and still is my plan, but since they we're closed for the holiday weekend I figured I'd ask here first. Thanks for your input.

HK Dave
09-04-2011, 8:42 AM
My guess is three screws will hold 0 just fine.

GuillermoAntonio
09-04-2011, 12:02 PM
you paid for a product that is defective, send it back, if they get difficult, call ur credit card company.

V8toytruck
09-04-2011, 12:39 PM
You paid for top quality gear. You should receive top quality gear. Im sure Larue will take care of you.

Post up a pic!

Roecar
09-06-2011, 8:42 AM
I have a feeling LaRue would say I'm SOL. As far as I understand their Warranty only covers LaRue items only. I'm contacting both Aimpoint and LaRue but we'll see what happens.

GuillermoAntonio
09-06-2011, 8:50 AM
Who took your.money?
Whoever it was, they should take your claim.

Roecar
09-06-2011, 1:07 PM
As of now Aimpoint has already started the process for a RMA, I haven't heard back from LaRue yet. As a few of you already said I'd like to hear what LaRue has to say before proceeding with sending my T-1 off.

Update**
As I expected LaRue they can only do their stuff, I'll have to go through Aimpoint.

tomd1584
09-06-2011, 7:29 PM
I had the same issue on an H1 about a year ago. It holds zero with 3 screws, but i had Aimpoint fix it. Very nice of them, as i bought it used off M4c.net and it was atleast a year old.

Bottom line is that the Customer Service manager personally called & emailed me stating they would replace it with a brand new unit free of charge. Took about 10 weeks from start to finish, but as promised I was delivered a brand new H1.

I paid $290 for the unit used, it was the older shiny body housing- they replaced it with the newer matte-housing like the T1's.

carnelianbay
09-07-2011, 1:31 PM
Why ask here? Why not just call Mark (LaRue) and see what he says?

^^^this

I have a feeling LaRue would say I'm SOL. As far as I understand their Warranty only covers LaRue items only. I'm contacting both Aimpoint and LaRue but we'll see what happens.

If you want some sympathy thatís cool, but donít be so quick to judge a vendor and make assumptions on what they will or will not do on a public forum before you call and ask ;)

tomd1584
09-07-2011, 8:32 PM
^^^this

If you want some sympathy thatís cool, but donít be so quick to judge a vendor and make assumptions on what they will or will not do on a public forum before you call and ask ;)

Not really. Its pretty well known, as well as being posted on Larue's website about what their policy is on products. If its theirs, they'll replace it. If its not, you have to contact the specific MFG. ;)

carnelianbay
09-08-2011, 8:37 AM
Not really. Its pretty well known, as well as being posted on Larue's website about what their policy is on products. If its theirs, they'll replace it. If its not, you have to contact the specific MFG. ;)

I'll be interested in the outcome. If Larue did any assembly then they should take responsibilty. I've never had a problem with them, yet. I hope it works out for the OP.

Mobius38
09-09-2011, 8:50 AM
you paid for a product that is defective, send it back, if they get difficult, call ur credit card company.

I dont think La Rue will "get difficult" at all. Call them tell them what happened and they will replace the item. Stuff like that happens all the time thats why there are return and exchange policies with EVERY reputable seller. Hell I think La Rue included a little yellow sheet in your package that had all the needed return forms you need if anything went wrong.

Roecar
09-14-2011, 6:56 PM
Well I'm late to keep everyone updated but LT basically said if your mount is okay we can't really help. So I contacted AP and they took the sight back and I should receive it back in 6-9 weeks. AP was pretty much no questions asked.

I can't say I blame LT as I've understood that people have abused their return/warranty policy in the past. I still stand by LaRue products and I'm happy that my T-1 is getting fixed regardless by whom.