PDA

View Full Version : P2K rimfire gallery

agroman2001
09-03-2011, 7:29 PM
Project 2000 is going to have a rimfire gallery on the 17th this month. Just wanted to know if anyones gone to this before? Its $15 for an hour.

XDRoX
09-03-2011, 8:02 PM
Project 2000 is going to have a rimfire gallery on the 17th this month. Just wanted to know if anyones gone to this before? Its $15 for an hour.

What exactly is a rimfire gallery?

agroman2001
09-03-2011, 8:24 PM
One of the girls working there said they set up some sort of carnival shooting gallery.

XDRoX
09-03-2011, 8:37 PM
One of the girls working there said they set up some sort of carnival shooting gallery.

That sounds like fun. Maybe I'll go. Thanks.

TKM
09-03-2011, 8:38 PM
Damn, I've already got tickets to the Million Man Loaf, Part Two, the Next Million.

sprucansailor
09-04-2011, 4:17 PM
They set up the metal targets that spin when you hit them. I think it is about 20 yards.

It takes place at the outdoor rim fire/training range to the left of the main building.

echo6cavedog
09-04-2011, 4:24 PM
Sounds like fun. I might check it out. But, at $15/hour.... :ack2:

Jixer
09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
The P2k rimfire gallery is hella fun! But bring sunglasses/hat/sunscreen because there is no shade/cover (I've been to several and it can get really hot, especially with the weather the way it is lately).

There are several wooden benches they setup about 25 yards from the targets (standard swinging/spinning targets and a pair of dueling trees) where you can set down your gear and shoot from.

Wish I could go everytime P2K holds the gallery (usually it's once a month), but I never know when they have 'em (their online calender on their website never seems to be updated).

Anyways, don't bring high/hyper velocity ammo 'cuz they check your ammo. If you do bring that type of ammo, and you don't have any standard or slower-rated ammo, you'll have to buy ammo inside their shop. Now I always remember to bring some CCI Blazer standard velocity ammo whenever I shoot at the gallery.

They used to have these moving duck targets and a movinig ferris wheel-like target, but because people were bringing in high velocity ammo, those targets got torn up.

frankm
09-08-2011, 7:38 AM
That's one thing wrong with that range, charge by the hour.