PDA

View Full Version : intrafamily transfer?ar pistol lower

koxx.dta
09-03-2011, 6:46 AM
if gifted ,from mother, a pair of ar lowers from az....one was always bare and one was a pistol although not marked pistol, how would one transfer them to ca to be used as pistols....do they need to be complete pistols or just pistol lower(like buffer tube instead of stock) or is stripped ok

does az dros?

not sure were this goes, move if need be

SanPedroShooter
09-03-2011, 7:21 AM
I am also interested in the answer, I was having a hard time understanding your question, so I re-wrote it.

If my Mother in Arizona gives me two AR lowers, one stripped and one used a pistol lower, how can they be transfered to California to be built/used as AR pistols?

Do they need to built up with buffer tubes (instead of a rifle stock), or can they be stripped?

Does Arizona run a California DROS? (I think the answer to that one is obvious BTW)

koxx.dta
09-03-2011, 7:28 AM
thanks wording was tough,but i didnt mean does arizona do a california dros i asked if they have a form of dros...like is there record of each lower as a rifle or pistol before coming to ca

morrcarr67
09-03-2011, 7:28 AM
They need to be sent to a ffl near you for transfer. Have your mom write a note saying that she is giving you these AR pistol lowers as gifts.

The ffl will dros these as roster exempt pistols.

AZ does not do a DROS of any kind.

PS, ask mom if she could get a copy of the 4473 showing these were logged out as "other" and not long guns.

koxx.dta
09-03-2011, 7:31 AM
thank you.....could you explain the 4473 part a little more

just to prove that they are not rifles? correct?

morrcarr67
09-04-2011, 7:07 AM
thank you.....could you explain the 4473 part a little more

just to prove that they are not rifles long guns? correct?

Correct.

koxx.dta
09-05-2011, 11:29 PM
any ffls out there? can the lower be stripped or does it have to be complete at time of "gifting"?

hoffmang
09-05-2011, 11:32 PM
any ffls out there? can the lower be stripped or does it have to be complete at time of "gifting"?

As long as you are over 21, it can be transferred.

-Gene