PDA

View Full Version : rant

barthel
09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Forgive the long winded rant, but I HAVE to say something about the Torrance location.

I have always been an advocate of spending money in your own backyard, and since I am a Torrance resident I was excited to see the new Turners location open. Alas, I am excited no more.

I went to the store this morning as they had 2 Howa rifles on sale, a .308 tactical and an M-1500 package in multiple calibers. When I FINALLY got to an associate (after about 15-20 minutes of waiting) I told him I would like to see the 2 Howa models they had on special, even though I had pretty much decided I was probably going to get the M-1500 in .223, but I had questions none the less.

The associate (whom i will not out in this rant) had all of the enthusiasm of a death row inmate. After fumbling through the racks for a few minutes noted that "It doesn't look like we have any" (.308 tactical), then just stared at me like he was waiting for me either say something or leave. i asked to see the M-1500, which he could not find either. He then decided to check the computer. After another 5 minutes or so informs me that they show the .308 tactical in the warehouse but that the M-1500 showed as discontinued. At this point I asked if he had one in any other caliber just so I could see the fit and finish. He thought for a second, said "I'll have to ask my manager", then proceeded to help someone else at the counter. So, after standing around for another 10 minutes, I turned around and left the store. So essentially I waited about 45 minutes for nothing!

What I cannot wrap my head around is that in THIS economy, why would you not bend over backwards to help someone who is ready and WILLING to drop $500 to $700 at your store? My experiences at your locations have generally been unpleasant (with exception) but have ALWAYS been painful at the Torrance store (no exception).

To that end, I go elsewhere to buy ammo, targets, fishing equipment, etc, basically anything else I ever need for shooting or outdoor activities. The only reason I go into a Turners anymore is if they have a firearm that I want on sale. After this experience, I doubt I will ever be back.

Turners (Torrance in particular) has made their LAST dime off of me if something doesn't change.

Rant over, thanks for listening.

crazychinaman
09-02-2011, 1:19 PM
Well I am going to rant again.Walked into the Torrance store after seeing the fall flyer.Again they do not have any of the things I was looking for. I asked the guys in the black shirts ,He said I did not know when or they would get any of the things I was looking for. So can you guys please stock up on things that are on sale. I like going to that store,It is close to my house.

barthel
09-02-2011, 6:29 PM
Mods, thanks for moving this. I didn't see the other post until afterwards.

zoglog
09-03-2011, 3:16 AM
ouch...
that`s basic customer service requests there.... not bending over backwards

Also the parking lot is too small

Donny1
09-03-2011, 8:38 AM
What I cannot wrap my head around is that in THIS economy, why would you not bend over backwards to help someone who is ready and WILLING to drop $500 to $700 at your store?

Because this salesperson only cares about his bottom line, not the store's. In my case (see my recent rant) I should have talked to the manager but instead walked out. They are trying to improve but you need to bring it to their attention. As far as not outing them publicly that's a good thing, but tell the manager so we can get rid of the problem employees.

barthel
09-03-2011, 9:01 AM
In my case (see my recent rant) I should have talked to the manager but instead walked out. As far as not outing them publicly that's a good thing, but tell the manager so we can get rid of the problem employees.

Agreed. I probably should have asked for the manager, but at the point I left I was SO frustrated that I doubt it would have been productive, and since I had already wasted 45 minutes or so I guess I didn't feel like wasting more.

robz@turners
09-04-2011, 8:54 AM
I handle all of the poor service complaints for Turners. If you could, please e-mail the specifics so that I can get a better handle on who caused the issue at the store.

I take every customer service issue and use it as a training tool as to avoid repeating the same mistake in the future.

Please feel free to e-mail me at robz@turners.com with any complaints, ideas to improve the stores, compliments, etc.

I appreciate all of your feedback and will respond to you or will have the store manager of the offending location get in touch with you.

Thanks again

Rob Zubak

barthel
09-04-2011, 12:15 PM
E-mail Sent.

Thanks Rob.

molasses2k
09-04-2011, 8:42 PM
ANOTHER negative experience at Turner's Pasadena-

So I sent my neighbor (who was one of the ppt's @ Turner's West Covina I mentioned last weekend) to Turner's Pasadena today-
and instead of the super-pleasant 15-minute efficiency fest he experienced @ W.C. he spent OVER TWO HOURS getting his ppt accomplished...
someone needs to talk to Jordan over @ W.C. and find out what his magic secret is-
according to my neighbor it seemed like not enough staff again...
look, *****ing about having to do ppt's and how you're not making any money doing it is like *****ing about how time-consuming and uncomfortable seatbelts are- so what? IT'S THE LAW- get over it-
and realize that your refusal to adequately staff your store is driving away far more paying customers than the requirement to serve your ppt's.
I also ppt'd at a local store that specializes in guns which had like 7 people behind the counter and about the same number of customers and they're making $$$$ and pleasing customers who can come right in, get what they want and go about their business...
anyways he's a plumber... and when you take up two hours of his time needlessly that translates into probably $200 in billable time: think he'll go to W.C. or Pasadena when he has a choice?
the most valuable commodity in retail is a repeat customer.

barthel
09-07-2011, 9:30 AM
UPDATE:

As of today I have spoken with Rob and the store manager Joe. Both have been attentive and seem to want to make things right. I appreciate them listening and will report back.

xbimmers
09-07-2011, 7:13 PM
+1 !!!! I so love this post......I experience the same most of the time I go to Turners.....If it weren't for their weekly sales....I don't think anyone would ever go back as a repeat customer.

Forgive the long winded rant, but I HAVE to say something about the Torrance location.

I have always been an advocate of spending money in your own backyard, and since I am a Torrance resident I was excited to see the new Turners location open. Alas, I am excited no more.

I went to the store this morning as they had 2 Howa rifles on sale, a .308 tactical and an M-1500 package in multiple calibers. When I FINALLY got to an associate (after about 15-20 minutes of waiting) I told him I would like to see the 2 Howa models they had on special, even though I had pretty much decided I was probably going to get the M-1500 in .223, but I had questions none the less.

The associate (whom i will not out in this rant) had all of the enthusiasm of a death row inmate. After fumbling through the racks for a few minutes noted that "It doesn't look like we have any" (.308 tactical), then just stared at me like he was waiting for me either say something or leave. i asked to see the M-1500, which he could not find either. He then decided to check the computer. After another 5 minutes or so informs me that they show the .308 tactical in the warehouse but that the M-1500 showed as discontinued. At this point I asked if he had one in any other caliber just so I could see the fit and finish. He thought for a second, said "I'll have to ask my manager", then proceeded to help someone else at the counter. So, after standing around for another 10 minutes, I turned around and left the store. So essentially I waited about 45 minutes for nothing!

What I cannot wrap my head around is that in THIS economy, why would you not bend over backwards to help someone who is ready and WILLING to drop $500 to $700 at your store? My experiences at your locations have generally been unpleasant (with exception) but have ALWAYS been painful at the Torrance store (no exception).

To that end, I go elsewhere to buy ammo, targets, fishing equipment, etc, basically anything else I ever need for shooting or outdoor activities. The only reason I go into a Turners anymore is if they have a firearm that I want on sale. After this experience, I doubt I will ever be back.

Turners (Torrance in particular) has made their LAST dime off of me if something doesn't change.

Rant over, thanks for listening.

indobos72
09-07-2011, 9:34 PM
I have been in the store my fair share of times and when a store it gets busy. I have been lost in the crowd. I think I saw someone say a ticket puller would be good and don't think that is too bad of an idea. Might help ease some of the frustration for those that don't want to speak up and deal with arguing about who's next. My experience with Turners have always been good, especially since I look over a gun more than a few times and fondle them before making a purchase.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-08-2011, 7:08 AM
... I think I saw someone say a ticket puller would be good and don't think that is too bad of an idea. Might help ease some of the frustration for those that don't want to speak up and deal with arguing about who's next. My experience with Turners have always been good, especially since I look over a gun more than a few times and fondle them before making a purchase.

Torrance received their "take-a-number" set-up yesterday, this should help ease some of the pressure during peak crunches.

barthel
09-09-2011, 3:35 PM
Update II:

Met with store manager Joe today at the Torrance store. Man, were they busy for 11AM! The first thing I noticed was the "Take-a-Number" dispenser and sign. WTG guys!

More importantly, I wanted to publicly thank Rob and Joe from Turners. I was impressed by the fact they not only did they listen, but they hear you as well. The take-a-number sign is something a lot of you guys have been asking for and they got it. Joe took time to find out what I was interested in, find what he had and spend some time with me. As it turned out he didn't have exactly what I wanted, so he ordered it for me. Point is, I left the store angry last time, and left the store with a new rifle this time.

Joe in particular has won me over and definitely won my business. He knows his stuff and is willing to go the extra mile. He accepts criticism gracefully and does what he can to fix the problem.

They may not be perfect, but from where I sit they are at least working on it, and to my way of thinking that is almost MORE important. The fact that they are here on Calguns listening to us is a testament to that.

Bravo Gentlemen!

BigBoyPinoy
09-15-2011, 9:49 AM
Update II:

Met with store manager Joe today at the Torrance store. Man, were they busy for 11AM! The first thing I noticed was the "Take-a-Number" dispenser and sign. WTG guys!

More importantly, I wanted to publicly thank Rob and Joe from Turners. I was impressed by the fact they not only did they listen, but they hear you as well. The take-a-number sign is something a lot of you guys have been asking for and they got it. Joe took time to find out what I was interested in, find what he had and spend some time with me. As it turned out he didn't have exactly what I wanted, so he ordered it for me. Point is, I left the store angry last time, and left the store with a new rifle this time.

Joe in particular has won me over and definitely won my business. He knows his stuff and is willing to go the extra mile. He accepts criticism gracefully and does what he can to fix the problem.

They may not be perfect, but from where I sit they are at least working on it, and to my way of thinking that is almost MORE important. The fact that they are here on Calguns listening to us is a testament to that.

Bravo Gentlemen!

Mr. Zubak hasn't responded back to me about another issue at their Turner's store in Chino Hills, but left a message for him today. I had a post here about what happened but the mods deleted it for whatever reason. I had another issue with them again at their Pasadena store but won't even bother posting it here. Well I hope to hear from Mr. Zubak to speak to him directly and hope resolve other issues they have regarding their used firearms policies.