PDA

View Full Version : Eotech 65 moa ring issue?

negolien
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey all,

I just got an XPS 2-0 and the 65 moa ring doesn't look like it should or I have seen lol. Usually looks all smooth like a continues round circle yes? Mine looks like a bunch of red dots making a circle with the 1 moa in the middle. I have tried lowering the lighting and using higher settings but it still doesn't look like http://www.riflescopes.webyshops.com/Brands/Eotech-Holographic-Sights-510/EOTECH-516-Holographic-Weapon-Sight-65-MOA-Ring-1-MOA-Dot-Reticle-CR123-Battery-516-A65-1 the one there. What's up with that? I have 20/20 and my old lady wears glasses for close up and it looked the same to both of us here with and without glasses looking at target not reticule.

HK Dave
09-02-2011, 1:12 PM
It's supposed to be little red dots... look through it again and focus on the TARGET... or rather the environment in front of you.. the circle will become a sharp single line. It's only dots when you focus on the actual red dot. :)

SuperSet
09-02-2011, 1:29 PM
You should look at the EOTech FAQ page that talks about this:
http://www.eotech-inc.com/cust_faq.php

"That question about our reticle is common. What people usually see on-line or in advertisements are graphic representations of the reticle. What you are seeing is likely normal. The outer circle of the reticle is made up of hundreds of pixels (small dots that form together to make a larger image). This pixilation is key to being able to see the hologram properly, and is inherent in the technology. You should see the center dot as a single MOA."

Merc1138
09-02-2011, 1:43 PM
It's supposed to be little red dots... look through it again and focus on the TARGET... or rather the environment in front of you.. the circle will become a sharp single line. It's only dots when you focus on the actual red dot. :)

Yeah, you need to be looking at the target, not the reticle.

negolien
09-02-2011, 2:29 PM
Looks like the culprit is the "advertisements are graphic representations of the reticle" part of it.I also haven't gone out in bright sunlight yet either so. I will keep u informed after range use. All else was fine with product.

Oh btw not only are UPS guys D*CKs for leaving my 300+ nikon scope on my porch.... the Fed Ex guy threw my XPS over my balcony without even bothering to knock and left a note lol how absurd. I left strict instructions for signature only delivery:facepalm: Yeah no big just toss my 400+ dollar glass optic 14 feet over my balcony thanks alot dude really.

d4v0s
09-02-2011, 2:42 PM
Another thing that helps is to actually use the sight. If you are inside focusing on the ring its going to seem pixilated. Take it to the range and I bet you wont notice it at all!!!

negolien
09-02-2011, 2:49 PM
roger will try.

negolien
09-03-2011, 3:16 PM
Worked great out in the field didn't take long to range in got her shooting about an inch high at 100 yards.