PDA

View Full Version : Faux News lies again: FOX: "Evidence Suggests Cover-Up in ATF Scandal...

dalriaden
09-02-2011, 6:11 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/02/demand-for-more-answers-in-fast-and-furious-scandal/

Just hours after the death of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, federal officials tried to cover up evidence that the gun that killed Terry was one the government intentionally helped sell to the Mexican cartels in a weapons trafficking program known as Operation Fast and Furious.

MolonLabe2008
09-02-2011, 8:14 AM
It goes all the way to the top.

Impeach the "Downgraded" guy now!

Maestro Pistolero
09-02-2011, 9:12 AM
If they had no guilt about the arming of the cartels through F and F, then there would have been no impulse top prevent the information 'being divulged.'

I can't get over the media reports that this was a poorly executed plan. No, it wasn't. It was a poorly conceived, diabolical plan that was perfectly executed.

tankarian
09-02-2011, 10:01 AM
...as More Guns Appear at Crime Scenes." FOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/02/demand-for-more-answers-in-fast-and-furious-scandal):

Also late Thursday, Sen. Charles Grassley's office revealed that 21 more Fast and Furious guns have been found at violent crime scenes in Mexico. (H/T Sipsey Street Irregulars (http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/))

The Justice Department has been less than forthcoming since day one, so the revisions here are hardly surprising, and the numbers will likely rise until the more than 1,000 guns that were allowed to fall into the hands of bad guys are recovered -- most likely years down the road," Grassley said in a statement released Thursday.
More at the link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/02/demand-for-more-answers-in-fast-and-furious-scandal/)

Yep, FOX News is spreading lies and disinformation just like Huffington Post. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

vonderplatz
09-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I think it’s beginning to fall apart for them, and the other (non-Fox) media outlets are picking up on the story, and the cover-up.

Bruce
09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
And just how is that a lie? Please explain. Especially when both CBS is carrying the same story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20100687-10391695.html

Uxi
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Sarcasm?

Baconator
09-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I love lamp

joefreas
09-02-2011, 10:21 AM
All the way to the top.

tankarian
09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
And just how is that a lie? Please explain. Especially when both CBS is carrying the same story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20100687-10391695.html

Your sarcasm sensor is malfunctioning. ;)
I was just poking some fun at those who don't miss any opportunity to spew their hate for FOX News.

ken worth
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
There is a lie some where but its not on Fox News. its the playboy with clothes on channel.

tankarian
09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
There is a lie some where but its not on Fox News. its the playboy with clothes on channel.

http://www.missrevolution.com/Obama-Playboy/Barack-Obama-Playboy-white-is-also-pretty-Miss-Revolution-Titel.jpg

dalriaden
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
that was a hell of a title change :eek:

tankarian
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
that was a hell of a title change :eek:

My OP was posted a minute earlier. :taz:

Glock22Fan
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm usually fine with sarcasm, and I understand Tankarian's here. I just do not understand the apparently unjustified title of this piece, Faux News lies again: FOX: "Evidence Suggests Cover-Up in ATF Scandal... . Maybe that's sarcasm too, but my sensors aren't properly aligned.

Having said that, and despite knowing that both of them are biased, I tend not to puke at Fox News as I do at Huffington. If we didn't have Fox, there'd be no media standing up to the Emperor's Clothes admirers.

bwiese
09-02-2011, 11:56 AM
The only proble is that this is happening during a time when many voters have other priorities.

It would have far more traction if the economy better, etc. and then would stand out far more.

yellowfin
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
The only proble is that this is happening during a time when many voters have other priorities.

It would have far more traction if the economy better, etc. and then would stand out far more.I think the opposite problem might happen, that in 2012 the R side will fold with a pair of aces instead of push the issues to maximum potential. They never seem to want to really win, only settle for a tie or a 1 point lead instead of a total blowout.

tankarian
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm usually fine with sarcasm, and I understand Tankarian's here. I just do not understand the apparently unjustified title of this piece, Faux News lies again: FOX: "Evidence Suggests Cover-Up in ATF Scandal... . Maybe that's sarcasm too, but my sensors aren't properly aligned.

Ya think? ;)

Having said that, and despite knowing that both of them are biased, I tend not to puke at Fox News as I do at Huffington. If we didn't have Fox, there'd be no media standing up to the Emperor's Clothes admirers.

One Party, one ideology, one beloved leader.
Any news outlet who doesn't fall in line with this liberal vision of America is guilty of spreading lies and should be tried for treason.
Boycott Faux News!

tankarian
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM

It would have far more traction if the economy better, etc. and then would stand out far more.

F&F will not go away. Thanks to FNC it will become a major issue during the 2012 elections and the rest of the media will not be able to ignore it anymore like they did until now. Also the GOP nominee (whoever he/she may be) should pound Obama on F&F during every single televised debate.

dalriaden
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
when did unbiased responsible journalism die, the 60s? Sounds like its california's fault to me.

BluNorthern
09-02-2011, 12:30 PM
when did unbiased responsible journalism die, the 60s? Sounds like its california's fault to me.

Cable TV news and TV ratings....the dollar.

madmike
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM

It died with the last unicorn, along with all the other myths.

dalriaden
09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
It died with the last unicorn, along with all the other myths.

That might be true but from what I've read of the 40's it seems journalists at leaved behaved responsibly. No one can be completely unbiased but modern journalism is sickening.

redrex
09-02-2011, 1:00 PM
Let me see if I have this right...

POTUS runs on the "Im not going to take away your guns" promise besides I don't have the votes in congress.
Promises the Brady campaign Don't worry we got some "under the radar" stuff coming.
Then looks for a way to bypass congress with an executive order, I guess because he "didn't have the votes he needed"
And now the ATF "accidentally" lets slip hundred of thousands of guns straight to Mexican drug cartells?

All that and we are not supposed to believe that this was a setup from the top to "PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT US GUNS ARE KILLING PEOPLE IN MEXICO", that would then lead to the largest gun grab this country has ever seen? BS! This man needs to go down and hard.

And should anyone think I'm just some bitter republican, I voted for Obama. There I said it.

tankarian
09-02-2011, 1:04 PM
And should anyone think I'm just some bitter republican, I voted for Obama. There I said it.

Better wake up and smell the coffee later than never. Maybe you can help the still believers and wake them up from the hopey-changey induced stupor.

http://churchandpomo.typepad.com/conversation/images/2008/11/04/idealightbulb.gif

Dreaded Claymore
09-02-2011, 2:05 PM

Same here. Whatcha gonna do. :cool: I've been immensely disappointed with Obama.

Fyathyrio
09-02-2011, 2:27 PM
Personally I kind of like the pace this investigation is moving. If F & F were to get resolved quickly, it would be pretty much forgotten by election time. Now it looks like it'll drag out and allow the beheadings to occur closer to next November. Holder resigning in disgrace about March or April, then the rest of the story finally coming out seems like good timing to me. The gun trafficking has been stopped, so here's to a long and eventually embarrassing cover-up!

Glock22Fan
09-02-2011, 2:28 PM
Same here. Whatcha gonna do. :cool: I've been immensely disappointed with Obama.

Could have told you you would be.

Oh wait . . . . .

I did.

Still, better late than never.

jwkincal
09-02-2011, 2:36 PM
Personally I kind of like the pace this investigation is moving. If F & F were to get resolved quickly, it would be pretty much forgotten by election time. Now it looks like it'll drag out and allow the beheadings to occur closer to next November. Holder resigning in disgrace about March or April, then the rest of the story finally coming out seems like good timing to me. The gun trafficking has been stopped, so here's to a long and eventually embarrassing cover-up!

+1... it's not about speed, it's about POSITION.

Steve1968LS2
09-02-2011, 2:39 PM
I think posters who try to seem clever by using "FAUX" instead of "FOX" just come off as somewhat retarded.. makes it hard to even seriously read what they post..

Sort of like the people that use "tebaggers".. thier arguments are so flacid that this is the level they have to move to.

Sorta sad..

MolonLabe2008
09-02-2011, 3:53 PM
I voted for Obama. There I said it.

Why?

By mid 2008, I knew exactly who Obama was, who his friends were, what he meant by "fundamentally transforming" America and "redistributing wealth."

Where were you?

And yes I listen to Fox News Channel, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc... and peruse conservative websites like www.freerepublic.com

I guess I and they were right about this idiot President we now have.

Go figure.

G60
09-02-2011, 4:14 PM
This thread needs more f&f, less being butt-hurt over someone crying over fox news.

Ripon83
09-02-2011, 4:30 PM
The fact is people did not care;

That his minister of 20 years belived and preached "Black Liberation Ideology" or,

That his first engagements in politics were in the living room of a self admitted terrorists or,

That father was a communist and made sure he was raised in a communist belief system and,

That it was alright to have a sweet heart deal wtih a convicted felon who raised funds for political allies illegally and went to prison for it for "his" own home worthy of a US Senator....

So much "crap" that it all just "didn't matter" and was summarily dismissed. Afterall if our media does not 'care" then why should we?

Why?

By mid 2008, I knew exactly who Obama was, who his friends were, what he meant by "fundamentally transforming" America and "redistributing wealth."

Where were you?

And yes I listen to Fox News Channel, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc... and peruse conservative websites like www.freerepublic.com

Go figure.

sarge1572
09-02-2011, 5:52 PM

Haven't you heard the news? It's BUSH'S fault!!!!!

I read that the head of ATF, who should go to prison, is being REASSIGNED to another gumint position. Did I read the article correctly?

redrex
09-02-2011, 8:11 PM
Why?

Where were you?

Go figure.

Ok, I'll answer this but I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about why some people opted to vote for Obama.

I'm a Centrist. I'm not just a centrist but I'm a Radical Centrist. I believe that only with a middle path will this country get back to the powerhouse that it once was, a position that it needs to be to able to lead the rest of the world again.

We had just had 8 years of Republican BS. Please understand that I feel that the R's and the D's are the exact same tax and spend people who just answer to different masters. We, as a country had been going too far in that direction and we needed something to drag us back to the center path. McCain use to be a maverick but the gop brass broke him and he was towing the party line, with SP behind him to secure the tea party faithful. I was also hopeful that the Dems would not cary a super majority and that there would be good old fashioned gridlock in the beltway. Neither of these parties can be trusted. Once they get in office they will do everything they can to empty the country's coffers and put it all in the hands of their backers.

Since Ike was in office there has been a straight line increase in size and spending of government. It doesn't matter what party is in office, they tax and spend. Both parties do it but you guys keep drinking their PR koolaide!

BTW, I listen to Fox and their boys. I even have several of O'Riley's books. The fact of the matter is, if you think that McCain would have done anything different then I put your question back on you, Where have you been? Maybe you didn't notice but Obama didn't create this ginormous hole we are in and if you think it was his policies that made it worse then why were the republicans in lock step? Dude, it's the long con and they have you hook, line and sinker.

And if you think Bush II was bad, did you forget Bush I "Read my lips..." Keep drinking that koolaide.

I'm a member of the Modern Whig party, if you are interested in solutions and not politics you should check us out :)

Maestro Pistolero
09-02-2011, 8:51 PM
I think the opposite problem might happen, that in 2012 the R side will fold with a pair of aces instead of push the issues to maximum potential. They never seem to want to really win, only settle for a tie or a 1 point lead instead of a total blowout.

I certainly felt that way about the McCain campaign. Except is seemed at times like he didnt want it at all.

dixieD
09-03-2011, 8:20 AM
Since Ike was in office there has been a straight line increase in size and spending of government. It doesn't matter what party is in office, they tax and spend. Both parties do it but you guys keep drinking their PR koolaide!

I agree. Just a point of fact.

Since Ike the Dems have controlled the Senate 19/28 sessions or 68% of the time. During this same period 22/28 sessions of the House or 78% of the time since Ike the House was controlled by the Dems. The Dems had huge majorities during the transformative 'Great Society' which is proving to be singly the most devastating piece of legislation in history with regard to national financial health that might become second only to the Obama Care 'Christmas Eve Gift.' SSI was crafted and passed when the Dems were in control with super majorities.

So I while I agree that Statist-minded-Repubs and Dems are both responsible for runaway government growth and spending it is the Dems to have had the most control, and it is they who bear by far the most responsibility.

Since this is in the 2nd A forum. It is worth noting also that the Federal Firearms Act of 1938 came when the senate was 78% democratic and the house was 77%.

The next big gun control act, the 1968 Gun Control Act was dreamt up when the senate was 64% democratic and the house was 57%.

BATF was created in 1972 when both the senate and house were democratic controlled.

The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban was crafted when both the senate and house were democratic controlled.

redrex
09-03-2011, 9:41 AM
I agree.

Since this is in the 2nd A forum. It is worth noting also that the Federal Firearms Act of 1938 came when the senate was 78% democratic and the house was 77%.

The next big gun control act, the 1968 Gun Control Act was dreamt up when the senate was 64% democratic and the house was 57%.

BATF was created in 1972 when both the senate and house were democratic controlled.

The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban was crafted when both the senate and house were democratic controlled.

And when the GOP wrestled back control they promptly overturned those acts? No. This is what I'm saying they are in it together. They are playing good cop bad cop on the American public.

It's not Dem vs. Rep. It's them vs. us. Take the red pill :)

Tarn_Helm
09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
If they had no guilt about the arming of the cartels through F and F, then there would have been no impulse top prevent the information 'being divulged.'

I can't get over the media reports that this was a poorly executed plan. No, it wasn't. It was a poorly conceived, diabolical plan that was perfectly executed.

:iagree:

A fish rots from the head down.

We all know what's going on.

:cool2:

Just another chapter in the decline of a once great country.

dixieD
09-03-2011, 11:31 AM
And when the GOP wrestled back control they promptly overturned those acts? No. This is what I'm saying they are in it together. They are playing good cop bad cop on the American public.

It's not Dem vs. Rep. It's them vs. us. Take the red pill :)

Bush did let the Assault Weapon Ban sunset.

However you are correct they generally did not, and I agree that the Statist-Repubs are nearly as bad. I say nearly because while they didn't repeal they also did not initiate it. Another example is the Statist-Repubs pass the Patriot Act. When the Dems have near super majority and Obama they chose to re-up rather than repeal.

It really is the governing class against us. We agree on this point.

MolonLabe2008
09-03-2011, 1:35 PM
The fact of the matter is, if you think that McCain would have done anything different then I put your question back on you, Where have you been?

I voted for Ron Paul in the Primaries.

McNuts wasn't even on my long list during the 2008 Republican primaries.

Half way through the primaries when I saw that McNuts was going to be the GOP nominee I just about threw up.

I wasn't even going to vote in 2008 because I hated both.

DannyInSoCal
09-03-2011, 1:42 PM
A unicorn is just a democrat with a dildo on it's forehead...

dantodd
09-03-2011, 3:01 PM
I wasn't even going to vote in 2008 because I hated both.

Vote libertarian. In California national elections your vote doesn't really count in 90% of the elections. If it's close enough to matter vote "lesser of two evils" if the fix is in then vote for the best person and let their party get a few more votes. Vote count, I understand, is how they decide how to dole out your money to the parties.