PDA

View Full Version : OK another ring question for scope.

Shellshocker66
09-02-2011, 7:50 AM
So been trying to sight in my scope for a few weeks, and well I think I finally figured out the problem.

I purchased a Simmons .22 4x32 scope. Love the scope as its nice and clear and everything seems great in that department.

Now the problem is that I've been trying to sight it in and well I line up the cross hairs, and it shoots super low. Try raising elevation and it's still low. I put in a shim yesterday at the range thinking that would help to raise up the front and still shot low. It seems that my scope mounts are way to high for the 10/22 I have but they came with the scope and seem like normal scope rings.

My question is there a better alternative for a lower scope ring for the 10/22?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk151/slsmith66/ruger1022005.jpg

sonnyt650
09-02-2011, 9:29 AM
Shim the back ring to raise POI versus POA. Maybe that's what you did, can't tell from your write up.

If you're looking at 20" or so at 100 yards, only a 20MOA mount will be of any help and I've never seen one for a 10/22 (pointless I'm sure you'll agree!).

Shellshocker66
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Shim the back ring to raise POI versus POA. Maybe that's what you did, can't tell from your write up.

If you're looking at 20" or so at 100 yards, only a 20MOA mount will be of any help and I've never seen one for a 10/22 (pointless I'm sure you'll agree!).

No I did a really poor man's shim to the front. Had a guy at the range helping me and we cut some cardboard off of a bullet box and folded it up. Trying to raise it so it wouldn't hit so low.

This was before I figured out the scope is just sitting way too high, so yes maybe I can rig up something to shim up the back end to bring the scope hairs lower. I'm just use to shooting with iron sights and scopes are a whole new ballgame to me (older eyes need more help).