PDA

View Full Version : New offering for an AR .22

shadow65
09-02-2011, 8:00 AM
I've been talking with a relatively new company, Kies. While I have not tested or evaluated the product, the specs look good. I'm hoping to do a review.
The products look promising with attention to accuracy and detail. The prices are reasonable for more of a custom built piece.
Hand lapped and trued receivers marked for the specific caliber.
Billet lowers, checkered front on the mag wells.

This is from the owner:

"Dave, one thing the folks out in Cali may like to know that we produce a 22lr marked ar lower, and as far as i know we are not on the cali ban list, so with one of our 22lr lowers they could not need to worry about the ban laws so much when shooting 22 out there."

From the site:
We at Kies decided it was time for a serious rimfire upper for the AR platform. There are a huge amount of tactical or AR look-a-like rifles on the market today, but we are yet to find one that would satisfy the serious rimfire enthusiast, so we decided to make one. Our dedicated 22LR uppers are built to the highest standards, from our hand lapped 4140 Melonited and 416 stainless barrels, to our our hand tuned extractors, we are confident that you will not find an equal to our upper in the market today. All the care and quality that goes into our centerfire uppers and rifles goes into our rimfire rifles and uppers. So if you want the best in a rimfire AR, choose Kies.

http://www.kiesfirearms.com/Rimfire_GY6E.html

Have a Look!

Dave N

appagohm
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
i'll stick with my colt m4.

Malmon
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
A bit expensive for a 22LR rifle.

shadow65
09-02-2011, 5:21 PM
I've not tried any of their gear. I do have a linear comp I'm going to try out.
I kind of wanted to see if anyone had experience with them.
Dave N

NorCalDustin
09-03-2011, 12:44 PM
For us having a .22LR marked lower is not really a concern... And the sweet thing is, there is no AW ban related to rimfire. Obviously we still have restrictions on the sale, importation, manufacture, etc of magazines with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds... Then other than that there isn't much to worry about..

I would like to try out one of their uppers though... Any idea what bolt they use?

shadow65
09-03-2011, 4:56 PM
I'm still finding out exactly where and what this company is about. I do like the linear comp.

nrakid88
09-06-2011, 3:24 PM
Hmmm. it would be interesting to see how the accuracy stacks up compared to CMMG, TAC SOL, SPIKES, MODEL 1

shadow65
09-06-2011, 4:09 PM
Yes it would. They don't seem to keen on testing though.
Dave N

nrakid88
09-06-2011, 4:21 PM
Someone, somewhere, someday, will get out there and test it and post it online.

I am pretty happy with my CMMG though. First .22 I have gotten groups with (instead of patterns). Tickles me that it groups with cheap Golden bullet bulk packs.