PDA

View Full Version : What mount for Trijicon TR21 1-4 scope for AR

Onlyincali
09-02-2011, 3:00 AM
What mount would you guys suggest for a Trijicon TR21 scope onto and AR 15? Is it important to spend hundreds on a mount or is it just the name you're paying for? Are all mounts equal?

OpticsPlanet
09-02-2011, 10:42 AM
What mount would you guys suggest for a Trijicon TR21 scope onto and AR 15? Is it important to spend hundreds on a mount or is it just the name you're paying for? Are all mounts equal?

Take a look at the Burris PEPR mount. It is a good strong mount for a decent price.

Chase B.

SuperSet
09-02-2011, 10:44 AM
IME, the TR21 has long eye relief so an extended mount is particularly important. I like the LaRue SPR-E (1") for that optic.

Onlyincali
09-02-2011, 1:22 PM
Is 2 inches of forward relief good for the TR21? I'm leaning towards the PEPR mount with quick release as Opticsplanet suggested above. Any other suggestions? I like the PEPR but not sure I'm thrilled with the extra mounts on TOP of the mount. Kinda useless, no?

Also- Whats the difference between say a 60 dollar mount and a 200 dollar mount? Brand?

MTG Firearms
09-02-2011, 3:18 PM
I suggest contacting Mike at CS Tactical. He's a vender here with a ton of knowledge and more then likely has a few options in stock.

winxp_man
09-02-2011, 3:59 PM
To me the difference between a 60-100 dollar mount and a 200 dollar mount is the size and weight. I have the Burris and the Bobro mount and hands down the Bobro and it will be with in 1 moa accurate if you take it off and put it back on. The weight between the two for me is a big difference. The Burris is quite heavy.

Droppin Deuces
09-03-2011, 11:40 AM
The quality and workmanship you will find in LaRue and AD mounts is second to none. Hard to tell from pics, but when you have the product in your hand, there is no comparison to lower priced mounts. I have owned PEPR mounts and they are good quality, but they simply don't compare to the aforementioned brands.
I think it comes down to what matters to you. If you can't stomach paying $200 for a scope mount, then go with the PEPR. It will work nicely. If you are a sucker for awesomeness, then go to LaRue, pay the fee and get your free schwag.

Onlyincali
09-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks! You now have me questioning the PEPR mount. May be worth the extra 100 bucks to get pure awesomeness.

Droppin Deuces
09-06-2011, 9:37 PM
Yeah, A scope like that deserves more than a Chinese PEPR mount. Your TR21 will wear the LaRue with pride!

deez
09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
A scope like that deserves more than a Chinese PEPR mount.

My sentiments, exactly.

Go with LaRue, you won't regret it.

problemchild
09-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Bobro QD

uscbigdawg
09-07-2011, 2:31 PM
First, establish whether or not you plan on removing the optic. No point in having a high speed, low drag mount, just so you can say that you have one.

If you don't plan on doing so, there's a mount from Eagle that's like $30-50 that'll do the trick.

If you do want to be able to remove the optic occasionally, as an owner of two Larue SPR-E's and recently getting the ADM Scount from CS Tactical (http://www.cstactical.com/) I'll tell you that the ADM's are legit and in ways better than the Larue. While that may be blasphemy for some, I just call it like I see it as a 3-Gun and LR Precision match competitor and having been down range a couple times.

Contact Mike at CS Tactical. He's a straight up nice guy. He's a Calgunner, forum supporter and he's a California company. While our state is far from perfect, we don't need to be screwing our own by sending money out of state when we have the option of keeping it at home.

Rich

Onlyincali
09-08-2011, 1:56 PM
I am looking at removing it/putting it back on.

I'm leaning towards the ADM per Mike's suggestion at CS Tactical. I asked him the following question but would also like your guys opinions..

I'm stuck between the scout and the Recon from ADM. Looks like the Recon has two attachment points to the riffle for basically the same price. Is this just for more durability when being bumped/dropped etc?

If the Recon is the better choice, would it be better to go with the "X" version which appears to be extended for even more eye relief? Keep in mind this is for a trijicon TR21 scope. Thanks!

esskay
09-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you have the scope in hand? As Superset mentioned the TR21 has quite long eye relief. If you already have it, you can configure your rifle the way you like to run it (adjust the stock, get into your usual stance) and then position the TR21 and see where it needs to be to give you proper eye relief.

pdugan6
09-10-2011, 1:10 PM
I have mine in a LaRue Tactical LT 104-30 and I love it. The Burris looks nice though as well and a whole lot cheaper.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9mbpK8Ewbic/Tca8s3CcINI/AAAAAAAAGcc/vDoBJIgemUs/s1152/IMG_1305.JPG

ARFAN
09-16-2011, 3:42 PM
Nice.
is it .308 or 5.56 rifle?
I also have the same your scope and mount on my noveske 5.56.

LibertyOptics
09-16-2011, 9:29 PM
The ADM Recon is the way to go, IMO. I'm not going to debate pros and cons of having one attachment point or two, other than the one (Scout) will be faster to remove. But, the "two" attachment point version is rock solid and very repeatable.For just a little more $$, I see no reason to go with the Scout.

We are not a California company, but we have been an active Calguns supporter for over 3 years now. No tax or shipping, and Montana isn't too far away (still in the West) :)

Scott