PDA

View Full Version : Which iron gas block sights

Yerman
09-01-2011, 3:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I just ordered my Stag Arms Model 3 and I am looking at optics/sights now.

I will likely be picking up either an Eotech or Aimpoint sight. Still undecided for now...

My question is about BUIS. I am considering the Diamondhead Premium Gas Block Sights to match the Diamondhead Reduced Height Gas Block that comes factory on the Stag Model 3 located here http://www.diamondhead-usa.com/products.html

I know I can't run composite plastic sights because they could melt so do you guys know of any other iron sights that are made for a reduced height gas block? Maybe something cheaper?

Keep in mind that the front needs to have an increased height to compensate for the reduced gas block.

BTW, I'd like a matching rear flip-up to go with it.

Thanks.

Yerman
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Ended up with some Troy's on sale at Primary Arms.

Troy BattleSight Front Gas Block Mounting HK - Black
and
Troy Rear Folding Battlesight (Black)

No tax and a Calguns discount, they came out to $184.39 shipped.

Also, I decided to with with the Eotech EXPS2-0 with 3x magnifier from PA.

Now it's a waiting game...

ejhc11
09-02-2011, 8:01 PM
Where'd you order your Stag? Also, what area are you? I have a cousin in SF area looking to order a complete Stag rifle and a dealer with reasonable prices to receive the transfer if out of area purchase. I'm in southern CA - thanks.

Yerman
09-02-2011, 8:04 PM
PM on the way...

JoeLansing
09-05-2011, 8:26 AM
Where'd you order your Stag? Also, what area are you? I have a cousin in SF area looking to order a complete Stag rifle and a dealer with reasonable prices to receive the transfer if out of area purchase. I'm in southern CA - thanks.

I just bought one from Bud's. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411543563 Darn, they were $728 last week. $723 3 days ago when I ordered, and now down to $718. They won't ship a semi-auto to Kalifornia though :(
- Joe