PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding a 22 upper...

XDRoX
09-01-2011, 1:05 PM
Few questions. If I buy a Tac Solutions or CMMG upper can I just throw it on my 556 lower without doing any other modifications?

Is a BB needed if I decide to make a dedicated 22 AR?

Are the parts on these two uppers swappable with standard AR parts like the forearm? Can I throw a magpul handguard on it?

triplestack3
09-01-2011, 1:15 PM
Few questions. If I buy a Tac Solutions or CMMG upper can I just throw it on my 556 lower without doing any other modifications?

Is a BB needed if I decide to make a dedicated 22 AR?

Are the parts on these two uppers swappable with standard AR parts like the forearm? Can I throw a magpul handguard on it?

Yes

No

Yes

*edit: I have a dedicated 22LR AR w/o the bullsh*t button on it. Works really nicely, although you could just throw a spent 22 case into the bb if you only had one lower.

thunderbolt
09-01-2011, 1:21 PM
I have one lower reciever that plays host to multiple AR uppers, one being a cmmg .22. I use a radlock to keep eveything legal and to facilitate quick change outs. Perfect little set up IMHO.

ejhc11
09-01-2011, 1:52 PM
+ on all the above answers, and you can get more info from Dave, he's the CMMG 22LR expert and purveyor at Calguns - I got mine from Dave, great prices, and a lot of knowledge.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=426135&highlight=cmmg

NorCalDustin
09-01-2011, 3:27 PM
Yes...

No bullet button required when shooting rimfire.

Yes...

+ on all the above answers, and you can get more info from Dave, he's the CMMG 22LR expert and purveyor at Calguns - I got mine from Dave, great prices, and a lot of knowledge.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=426135&highlight=cmmg
+1... I also recommend Dave & CMMG's .22LR uppers. They're the best.

XDRoX
09-01-2011, 4:08 PM
Thanks guys.

G-forceJunkie
09-01-2011, 5:55 PM
You may need to change your hammer out to one with the rounded top front corner (M-16) style. The ones with the notch on the top do not work. The hammers that come in the DPMS LPK's are correct.