PDA

View Full Version : Thank Goodness For Dennis Henigan

jdberger
09-01-2011, 9:18 AM
There were some concerns about Paul Helmke (http://www.onesadpanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sad-panda-podiatrist.jpg) leaving the position of President at the Brady Campaign. Some folks speculated that he was pushed out because he'd been so efffective at reviving interest in and strengthening the Second Amendment..... And that was the exact opposite of what the Brady Campaign was working toward.

Folks lamented that 2A activists were losing one of our greatest assets.

Compounding that fear was the appointment of Dennis Henigan as acting President. Mr. Henigan had, after all, written a book (http://www.amazon.com/Lethal-Logic-Exploding-Paralyze-American/dp/B002YX0FCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314896546&sr=1-1). Not that anyone had actually read it - it could have been filled with blank pages for all we knew - but the title sounded important and TV bubble-heads made a big deal of it. Also, as the founder of the Brady Campaign's Legal Action Project he had decent exposure and the veneer of legal scholarship. Further, by comparison to the out-of-touch, spastic and bombastic Helmke, Henigan actually appeared somewhat rational.

Apparently not. Without Helmke to give him cover, Dennis Henigan has been exposed as being just as wacky. Here, in an interview, he exposes just how completely paranoid and divorced from reality he is. (http://ianmasters.com/sites/default/files/mp3/bbriefing_2011_08_30b_Dennis%20Hennigan.mp3)

It looks like we might have a new Sad Panda.

Stonewalker
09-01-2011, 9:52 AM
Dennis says: NRA doesn't want our gun laws enforced because they oppose the ATF. That is a non-sequiter; the local law enforcement agencies enforce the majority of the gun laws in the country, and are required to comply with federal laws.

Stonewalker
09-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Boy. That was a fair and balanced interview.

Stonewalker
09-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I learned something today! A .50 Caliber Barret Sniper Rifles can shoot down 747s!

ETA: I suppose it's actually possible, given enough rounds in the correct places. But then again, many centerfire rifles are probably capable of the same thing.

morfeeis
09-01-2011, 10:50 AM
taking a listen now, it's good to hear the anti's talk about F&F, now we have more ammo against them.

pointedstick
09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
It's amazing to me how some people think that gun control will prevent a drug cartel—an organization that specializes in buying, selling, and trafficking in illegal goods—from acquiring firearms.

When Hennigan says that Mexico's strict gun laws have prevented drug cartels from getting guns in Mexico, I just want to beat my head against a wall. Can people really not understand that a drug cartel is going to have no trouble getting guns illegally if they can't walk into José's Guns and buy them there?

Maestro Pistolero
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
It's amazing to me how some people think that gun control will prevent a drug cartel—an organization that specializes in buying, selling, and trafficking in illegal goods—from acquiring firearms.

When Hennigan says that Mexico's strict gun laws have prevented drug cartels from getting guns in Mexico, I just want to beat my head against a wall. Can people really not understand that a drug cartel is going to have no trouble getting guns illegally if they can't walk into José's Guns and buy them there?

Right. A multi-billion dollar national crime syndicate that's in the business of moving contraband has difficulty finding guns.

timmyb21
09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
He's just pulling "facts" out of his butt! I can tell you that 100% of the NRA members I personally know want nothing to do with all the proposed gun regulations coming out of Washington. Also, were they trying to be coy by playing "I Shot the Sheriff" at the end of the interview? Scumbags.

1BigPea
09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
It's sooooo frustrating watching this guy! So out of touch its amazing...

Maestro Pistolero
09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
The NRA and the gun lobby is responsible for the BATF willingly and knowingly moving thousands of guns into the hands of cartels with instructions forbidding agents on the ground to track them.

And this is a leadership problem that the NRA and the gun lobby is responsible for.

Because those agents, and their supervisors couldn't have predicted how this might end.

OK.

dvcrsn
09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
:facepalm:no wonder the BC has been losing the war, their leadership is inept

jdberger
09-01-2011, 3:47 PM
Right. A multi-billion dollar national crime syndicate that's in the business of moving contraband has difficulty finding guns.

Don't forget that they also hand build SUBMARINES in the jungle.

In any event, here's a nifty interview he did on Fox News with Alan Gura just before oral arguments in McDonald.

3o9R5mG4rHc

My all time favorites are the "people who keep guns in the home expose themselves to 3x greater risk of homicide in the home, 5x greater risk of suicide". Those numbers are never consistent. Ever. Because they're a fabrication loosely based upon a seriously flawed study of criminals and their habits.

I also like where he states that the Second Amendmen is the "Most Dangerous Right".

O-rly?

nick
09-01-2011, 5:16 PM
I also like where he states that the Second Amendmen is the "Most Dangerous Right".

To whom? :)

Let me guess... Dishonest politicians with desire for unchecked power, criminals, wannabe tyrants, serial murderers, and other fellow travellers of the Brady Campaign?