PDA

View Full Version : CALL your Senator tomorrow (AB-144 and AB-809)

Window_Seat
08-31-2011, 11:21 PM
It's looking like Portantino is going to try to bring AB-144 (Open Carry ban) back from the inactive file tomorrow, so it's extremely important to call your State Senator tomorrow, and flood the phone lines, tell them that you are opposed to AB-144 (open carry ban)...

Whatever your thoughts on the open carry movement, we need to put a stop to this effort because it's anti 2A legislation, and it needs to be stopped.

We can all break the phone lines in the Senate (legally, of course) by calling them non-stop and telling them NOT to vote in favor of AB-144, and AB-809 (Assemblyman Feuer - long gun registration)...

http://senate.ca.gov/senators

Erik.

johnny_22
09-01-2011, 8:39 AM
Senator Corbett's office asked me my city of residence. I asked for her NO vote on AB144 and AB 809. He did not ask me to explain. She is hit and miss on these (more miss than hit). But, if I don't ask, she might go all miss.

sarabellum
09-01-2011, 3:45 PM
I will do so. One thought that comes to mind is that violent crime and murders persist and in some cities increase despite the bans on a) weapons by brand (e.g. Kalashnikov), b) by type (e.g. scary features like pistol grips), c) magazine capacity, d) curio and relic purchase of handguns interstate, e) more than 5 handgun purchases in a month, and f) firearms that do not pass the drop test. All of those laws failed to achieve their avowed purpose of controlling deviance. They were successful at limiting law abiding citizens' ability to protect themselves against deviants.

johnny_22
09-02-2011, 3:28 PM
Figured, I could provide more detail as to why Senator Corbett should vote NO on these two bills.