PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mark III 22 45 magazine question

xbimmers
08-31-2011, 9:26 PM
I have installed the Volquartsen trigger, sear, and hammer in my Ruger Mark III 22 45 pistol. I also removed the magazine disconnect safety and installed the Mark II bushing.

With that said, can I now use Mark II 22 45 magazines in this gun?

BSlacker
09-01-2011, 4:24 PM
Over on rimfirecentral this has been discussed do a search over there and you can be as confused as me. I am on the fence. The MKlll has a mag release behind the trigger and the MKll has a heel release. But the folk on rimfirecentral say it works if the "bump" (I don't have a MKlll so I don't know what this is) is removed from the hammer by replacement such as you have done or cutting it off. Check rimfirecentral out anyway if you like rimfire.:)

G-forceJunkie
09-01-2011, 7:02 PM
The mk2 22/45's do not have the heel release, its like a 1911, hence the OP question. The mags do look very similar. I have a mk2, but do not have any mk3 mags to compare to. I would love to also find out if the mk3 mags can be used in the mk2's

edit; I just looked at Midway USA and Ruger and they both show the same picture for the mark 2 and 3 22/45 mags, but we know they are different. Over on rimfirecentral this has been discussed do a search over there and you can be as confused as me. I am on the fence. The MKlll has a mag release behind the trigger and the MKll has a heel release. But the folk on rimfirecentral say it works if the "bump" (I don't have a MKlll so I don't know what this is) is removed from the hammer by replacement such as you have done or cutting it off. Check rimfirecentral out anyway if you like rimfire.:)

xbimmers
09-01-2011, 7:33 PM
I went ahead and ordered 4 MK III 22 45 mags at Grander Mountain and used the $20 coupon.

Thats for the feedback.

G-forceJunkie
09-01-2011, 7:48 PM
I'm at Angeles shooting range every 2nd sunday of the month for a rifle match, if your ever going to be there, pm me and I'll bring my mk2 and we can give them mags a try and give the mags a visual comparison.

Mike

missiondude
09-01-2011, 8:12 PM
I have MKII and MKIII mags and run them both in my MKIII 22/45. Not even sure which are which at this point...

appagohm
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
interesting