PDA

View Full Version : s&w m&p 15 22 magazines

Heythatsneat
08-30-2011, 1:49 PM
hey all, my 15 22 is in jail right now and i am planning on getting some accessories to help me through it. my question is : what magazine do people prefer 10 round short or the 10/25 long? also, is their any benefit to either like loading ease?

any kind of feedback is appreciated.

Joe Register
08-30-2011, 1:56 PM
I like the short. Easy to load and can get closer to the bench if you want. Of course the long you can sort of use as a monopod. I don't like my long 10 rounder that came with the gun because there is no knob or anything to make loading the rounds easier. Hopefully S&W has changed the design to address that by now. I was sticking my car keys through the follower to pull it down a bit for loading.

RGERBER
08-30-2011, 2:25 PM
the design has been changed all Mags work great now with the button, I use the 10/25 for storage, or display and 10 rounders for range and hunting mush easier around trees / shooting bench ect.

MaHoTex
08-30-2011, 3:20 PM
Short mags are the best IMO. The 10/25s suck.

Javi
08-30-2011, 4:49 PM
i have 2- 10/25's & 2 shorties. Im going to get 2 more shorties. I liked the look of the 10/25's & theres more mag to grab when your reloading & not dropping them(indoor ranges) but I prefer the clearance of the true 10 rounders. I was planning to use the rifle for Appleseed so I need the ability to go prone. I don't use the load assists on the magazines,, ill post a vid when I get off work, it's effortless loading after you get used to it..

Heythatsneat
08-30-2011, 5:33 PM
i have 2- 10/25's & 2 shorties. Im going to get 2 more shorties. I liked the look of the 10/25's & theres more mag to grab when your reloading & not dropping them(indoor ranges) but I prefer the clearance of the true 10 rounders. I was planning to use the rifle for Appleseed so I need the ability to go prone. I don't use the load assists on the magazines,, ill post a vid when I get off work, it's effortless loading after you get used to it..

thanks. i like the fact on the 10/25 that there is more mag to grab. i like the looks of the short a little more. haha i may just buy a few of each and see what one i enjoy more..

santamonica9
08-30-2011, 5:37 PM
i like the 25's but thats only when im visiting/staying with family in NV. :( - in CA stick with the shorty 10s

Javi
08-30-2011, 9:13 PM
thanks. i like the fact on the 10/25 that there is more mag to grab. i like the looks of the short a little more. haha i may just buy a few of each and see what one i enjoy more..

Nice, that'll work. I accidentally dropped these magazines in an indoor range from the bench thing that I keep my ammo 2-3 times and they didn't break(not the same magazines each time) so if you have no problem dropping then you don't have to worry about grabbing the short ones. I unload the shorties by the bottom of the magazine instead of the side of it like I would with the 10/25. This is how I load mine with all my mags to make sure they stagger correctly. Since owning the rifle since last November, I've gotten really quick doing it this way and no thumb fatigue:

9krQs31e6L4

Heythatsneat
08-30-2011, 9:50 PM
^nice vid. Ive been doing that at the range when theres a troublesome magazine that gets tough towards the end.

Im pretty sure-handed so dropping mags hopefully wont be a problem. I just ordered 3 short mags. Held off on the 10/25 mags because the rifle comes with one anyways.

We will see... That rifle still has till the 9th. Luckly i have my 226 being freed on the 6th haha.

SDM44
08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
I like the 25rd mags with the red followers and the load-assist tabs. Slap in some Tacticool22 mag blocks so you can only put in 10 rounds, and they're awesome to use and fast to reload.

I personally don't like the look of the shorty 10rd mags, but they work the same way with the load-assist tabs. I don't like the 10/25 mags with the blue followers because there's no load-assist tab, and the mag spring is tough to feed the rounds into it.

TYCONTEST
09-01-2011, 9:13 AM
I like the new 50 round drums. ;):22:

nazs
09-01-2011, 10:45 AM
On the original mags that come with the gun with no assist button you can put a small screwdriver through the middle tab and pull down on the two ends of the screwdriver. Makes loading much easier and quicker.