PDA

View Full Version : AR-7 Customized Accessories Question

EddieEd
08-30-2011, 8:42 AM
I was hoping some one here may know some info on this company

AR-7 Customized Accessories, LLC

I order some parts some time ago and have not gotten any response from them.

I got the e-mail that the payment was received but other then that they donít answer email or phone calls.

I would like to know if this place is fake because that web site needs to be closed. I'm not sure if I could get the money back (which would be nice ) but at lease to get it closed so no one else will get taken for their money.

Any help would be nice.
Thank

EddieEd
08-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Has anyone had any dealings with this company??

Any help would be nice.

InGrAM
08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
How long ago?

EddieEd
08-30-2011, 11:46 PM
I placed an order over a month ago. They never respond to my calls or e-mail.

morrcarr67
08-31-2011, 5:22 AM
Did you use a CC?

If you did call the CC company and have them reverse the charge. Tell them you never got what you ordered and there won't be any problem.

EddieEd
08-31-2011, 5:41 AM
Credit Card? Not sure about that, actually never did that or had too. Got any more info about that?

xibunkrlilkidsx
08-31-2011, 8:11 AM
how did you pay than? did you order over the internet? did you call an order and give them CC on phone or send them a check?

EddieEd
08-31-2011, 8:45 AM
I paid over the internet. I try calling but they didn't pick up (should have been my first clue). The site lets you pay on-line and a little while later I got an e-mail saying the payment was received. Never got anything else after that.

I thought I saw something on this forum about someone who had gotten parts from then, not sure where. That’s why I was wondering if anyone else had any dealing with them or even if they are still in business. The web site seen to still be operating.
Sad if they just left it up to milk people of their money.

ke6guj
08-31-2011, 9:47 AM
Credit Card? Not sure about that, actually never did that or had too. Got any more info about that?just call your credit card company and tell them that you need to dispute a charge on your credit card. explain that you placed an order with this company more than a month ago and they never delivered your product. The CC company will start the process to cancell the charges. using a CC gives you protection versus sending a check/money order.

EddieEd
08-31-2011, 5:39 PM
So wish they would sent the items, was hoping to use the stuff.
:-(

Has any one ever used Long Island Shooting Center to get parts? They also seem to have mod parts for the AR-7.
http://www.lisc.net/p628.htm

wchutt
09-02-2011, 5:48 AM
Keep us posted on your experience. I too placed an order with them (end of Aug.) after reading positive reviews on the 10/22 barrels they sell. Further digging has led to worry they are a poorly run company, maybe even frauds.

wchutt
09-03-2011, 1:49 PM
Just got a shipping notice for the barrel I ordered from them on 8/27, that is encouraging! Hope the problems people have had are the exception, not the rule. The Better Business Bureau has them with an"F" rating, which I did not check before ordering...
$68.00 which includes shipping for a stainless, ported, 10/22 bull barrel seemed too good to be true, but thought it was worth a try.

EddieEd
09-03-2011, 9:28 PM
Just got a shipping notice for the barrel I ordered from them on 8/27, that is encouraging! Hope the problems people have had are the exception, not the rule. The Better Business Bureau has them with an"F" rating, which I did not check before ordering...
$68.00 which includes shipping for a stainless, ported, 10/22 bull barrel seemed too good to be true, but thought it was worth a try.

Thx for the info. I was wondering what the deal is, I haven't got anything since I got the e-mail saying they got my order and money back in Jul 25.

I order the conversion kit which was like 139 and something else.
I was looking to see what the BBB had to say but I didn't find it.

I did hear before I order that a number of people had gotten the kits but the info was from 2009 so I was wondering if they still were in business.

So you just order the barrel? Hope you get you items soon, let me know.

Thx

wchutt
09-04-2011, 7:10 AM
http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/ar-7-customized-accessories-in-meriden-ct-49000506

Oceanbob
09-04-2011, 7:25 AM
http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/ar-7-customized-accessories-in-meriden-ct-49000506

Wow...:eek:

Thanks for the info...!.

Too bad really....it's not hard to run an honest business.

EddieEd
09-04-2011, 8:35 AM
Thanks for the link. Wow they didn’t even respond to the BBB, no wonder I haven’t got a word back from them in my many attempts.

So would you think I should give it a bit more time (with some hopes and prayers) to see if they come through?

langss
09-04-2011, 8:48 AM
If you call your CC company, and explain the problem they will hold or stop payment and not charge you until the issue is resolved. It my take some time, as an example the last time I had to do this it took six months, but I was not charged or nor did I pay anything. You must be very clear when you are talking to the CC company and refrain from telling them how upset you are, Believe me they have already heard it all. Save all correspondence and have it ready to print or E-mail as this is your proof. I printed every E-mail I got and sent it to them per their request. Good Luck. And don't give up.

gary t
09-07-2011, 2:27 PM
I have made several orders with them in the past. Generally their products are OK. I have a bull barrel and a stock metal barrel. They mate up fine to my Charter and Henry made rifles. I did have to return one of their collapsible stocks that failed. They replaced it without a problem. They are just difficult to contact. Persistence pays off.

wchutt
09-08-2011, 5:05 AM
Barrel arrived fine, I have not shot it yet, but looks good. Hope your parts arrive soon.

EddieEd
09-08-2011, 8:18 AM
Barrel arrived fine, I have not shot it yet, but looks good. Hope your parts arrive soon.

So how was it they communicated with you? And how often for that matter. Did they just sent you an e-mail once they were ready to ship?

Just wondering cause I havenít got anything and itís been over a month.

Thx for the info.

Surferchris1
09-08-2011, 8:37 PM
I've used them, and while they are phenomenally badly run; they aren't frauds.

I ordered several parts from them, waited, emailed, called, waited, emailed, called, waited, emailed, called, never got anyone on the phone but they hadn't charged my card so honestly I just forgot about the whole thing.

Seriously I just forgot, for several months, over 6 months, then out of the blue one day I had a charge on my card from them, I called and miraculously someone answered the phone. I was told that one of the parts was back ordered for months, but my order had finally shipped. Sure enough the box arrived a few days later.

As far as their products: Their magazines seem a little too wide and fit but very tightly in my Charter Arms AR-7. The metal pistol grip stock (not adjustable) is decent quality and comfortable. But the bull barrel with cantilever scope mount is awesome!!! I put a small chamfer on the area where the feed ramp should be, and it now feeds federal bulk (and pretty much everything else) reliably. This thing now malfunctions less than my brother's Marlin 795.

Would I order from them again? I guess, if there was something I really wanted, but I sure wouldn't hold my breath.

EddieEd
09-08-2011, 9:02 PM
I've used them, and while they are phenomenally badly run; they aren't frauds.

I ordered several parts from them, waited, emailed, called, waited, emailed, called, waited, emailed, called, never got anyone on the phone but they hadn't charged my card so honestly I just forgot about the whole thing.

Seriously I just forgot, for several months, over 6 months, then out of the blue one day I had a charge on my card from them, I called and miraculously someone answered the phone. I was told that one of the parts was back ordered for months, but my order had finally shipped. Sure enough the box arrived a few days later.

As far as their products: Their magazines seem a little too wide and fit but very tightly in my Charter Arms AR-7. The metal pistol grip stock (not adjustable) is decent quality and comfortable. But the bull barrel with cantilever scope mount is awesome!!! I put a small chamfer on the area where the feed ramp should be, and it now feeds federal bulk (and pretty much everything else) reliably. This thing now malfunctions less than my brother's Marlin 795.

Would I order from them again? I guess, if there was something I really wanted, but I sure wouldn't hold my breath.

Thx for the info. Seem you ordered the same stuff I did. Was going to order the scope mount the screws on the side but I when with the bull barrel with scope mount. My thing is I used a debit card so the money was taken in about 2 to 3 days, that was back in July. I guess Iíll just have to wait and hope I get it before x-mas. Oh well

Thx again for the info, at lease it gives me some kind of hope.

wchutt
09-08-2011, 9:13 PM
Email when I ordered. A second shipping notice when it shipped. That was all the communication. Really no different then any other online vender, BUT, I never tried to contact them...

EddieEd
10-12-2011, 6:36 PM
So I finally get the shipment from this company after almost 3 months and I was so glad and excited, that is until I open the box and checked the items. :eek: no scope mount. :facepalm:

I order the Target Package w/Collapsible Stock and some scope rings being that my Charter Arms didnít have a scope mount, which is what I was looking for.

The Barrel that comes with the set comes with a Cantilever mount so I could add a scope or whatever.
They sent everything but the Cantilever mount, the main thing I was hoping for. The Cost alone for the cantilever mount is $31.95

Everything else seem ok, I like the barrel and would love it if it had the scope mount.

The invoice has the parts all checked as if someone checked but they sure miss one item. Now Iím also thinking they can say ďit was check so you must be lyingĒ. :mad:

Now Iím not to sure what to do next. First thing I did was take a picture of the items I got and sent them an e-mail but being that I e-mail them for almost 3 months and they didnít respond I donít know that they will do so now.

Any ideas, actions, comments or just condolences :confused:

Chukar hunter
10-12-2011, 7:23 PM
I bought some stuff from them last year. I got part of my order within a few weeks, but it took several months to get a bull barrel from them.

Homebrew2
10-12-2011, 7:39 PM
If paid by credit card, you have 60 days, from date of charge, to dispute the charge for the missing item.

EddieEd
10-13-2011, 5:46 AM
If paid by credit card, you have 60 days, from date of charge, to dispute the charge for the missing item.

It's been almost 90 days, I ordered at the end of June, and I used a Debit card not CC. These guys took a long time to ship thier stuff and its seem impossible to communicate with them.

pilote
10-13-2011, 9:43 AM
It's been almost 90 days, I ordered at the end of June, and I used a Debit card not CC. These guys took a long time to ship thier stuff and its seem impossible to communicate with them.

keep pressing them for that missing order part...i want to know how this turns out...

i'd like to order a bull barrel from them, but not if they play games like this...

EddieEd
10-13-2011, 6:37 PM
keep pressing them for that missing order part...i want to know how this turns out...

i'd like to order a bull barrel from them, but not if they play games like this...

I got to say the bull barrel is sweet, (heavy compared to the reg barrel), it just don't do me much good with the scope mount. :(

EddieEd
10-25-2011, 7:31 PM
So I finally got everything I ordered from AR-7 Customized Accessories,LLC. I can't say much about their commutation but I will say one thing,
The barrel they sent is very sweet.

The Cantilever Scope Mount and the bull barrel are solid and heavy. As a matter of fact I believe the barrel and scope mount are heavier they the rest of the rifle.

I havenít shot it yet but I will this weekend (canít wait). If you ask me was it worth the 3 months wait??? Well if it performs anything like it feelÖ Abso-freaken-lutely. :43:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6111/6282194352_fc9454f455_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6059/6281678459_784c9bd0cd_b.jpg

At lease they got back to me quicker then before and sent the missing parts in about 2 weeks so that wasnít too bad.
If they had just answered some of my e-mails before I wouldn't have felt so bad about it or wondered if I was lost for my money.

Anyway for anyone wanted to order, it may be a wait but I think the parts are very nice. So all in all :thumbsup:

BroncoBob
10-29-2011, 10:04 PM
So I finally got everything I ordered from AR-7 Customized Accessories,LLC. I can't say much about their commutation but I will say one thing,
The barrel they sent is very sweet.

The Cantilever Scope Mount and the bull barrel are solid and heavy. As a matter of fact I believe the barrel and scope mount are heavier they the rest of the rifle.

I havenít shot it yet but I will this weekend (canít wait). If you ask me was it worth the 3 months wait??? Well if it performs anything like it feelÖ Abso-freaken-lutely. :43:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6111/6282194352_fc9454f455_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6059/6281678459_784c9bd0cd_b.jpg

At lease they got back to me quicker then before and sent the missing parts in about 2 weeks so that wasnít too bad.
If they had just answered some of my e-mails before I wouldn't have felt so bad about it or wondered if I was lost for my money.

Anyway for anyone wanted to order, it may be a wait but I think the parts are very nice. So all in all :thumbsup:

You will find that the bull barrel is excellent. I've had mine for several years now and have taken it a step farther to redo the pistol grip adapter in steel to allow for the welding of a castle nut onto it to allow me to fit it with a A2 rifle stock.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/AR-7%20Conversion/MVC-014F-6.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/AR-7%20Conversion/MVC-002F-4.jpg

frigginchi
10-30-2011, 6:24 AM
You have the patience of a saint. As long as there are people like you out there they will continue giving bad service.