PDA

View Full Version : Grandma wants to bring her gun to the park - Chicago Tribune article

voiceofreason
08-30-2011, 7:56 AM
Note comments after the article

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-grandmother-who-wants-to-carry-gun-to-park-sues-hammond-over-ban-20110830,0,6870097.story

vantec08
08-30-2011, 8:30 AM
YOU GO GRANNY!

ckprax
08-30-2011, 9:02 AM
I see one of our own is actively commenting (and kicking @**), kudos! You go Granny!

choprzrul
08-30-2011, 9:16 AM
I REALLY like Oaklander's tag line and find it to be most useful in discussions like the one @ the Chicago Tribune:

Gun Rights ARE Civil Rights

It gives us the high ground and everyone else faces a difficult uphill battle to overcome the 'civil rights' threshold.

Wherryj
08-30-2011, 9:23 AM
I'm glad that it is someone like Oaklander posting. It makes if much more difficult for those throwing out the "gun nuts" sort or argument to counter his statements. It appears that they mostly ignore him, which makes its own statement.

morrcarr67
08-30-2011, 9:25 AM
Nice. I know if my Grandma was with us she would be just like this lady.

choprzrul
08-30-2011, 9:28 AM
I'm glad that it is someone like Oaklander posting. It makes if much more difficult for those throwing out the "gun nuts" sort or argument to counter his statements. It appears that they mostly ignore him, which makes its own statement.

I think that you misunderstood my statement. It is not Oaklander posting there, it is me and I am using Oak's tag line in heavy doses.

Sorry if I created confusion.

That said, I wonder how long it will be before the Trib's moderator boots me off?

Dreaded Claymore
08-30-2011, 2:29 PM
It is not Oaklander posting there, it is me and I am using Oak's tag line in heavy doses.

And you're doing a good job. You're framing the debate well, and you're not letting it get personal.

voiceofreason
08-30-2011, 2:45 PM
I think that you misunderstood my statement. It is not Oaklander posting there, it is me and I am using Oak's tag line in heavy doses.

Sorry if I created confusion.

That said, I wonder how long it will be before the Trib's moderator boots me off?

Spread the word brother! Knowing what I know of Oaklander, he would NOT have a problem with someone sharing that view!

InGrAM
08-30-2011, 3:25 PM
Choprzrul, That was good. :hurray: