View Full Version : Status of Oregon Reciprocity

08-29-2011, 8:31 PM
What happened to the Oregon Reciprocity for CCW holders? Any idea on when it will take place and added to Florida's approval list?

08-29-2011, 9:15 PM
My understanding is that the OR reciprocity bill died in it's legislature last term.

I have no new news.

Gray Peterson
08-29-2011, 9:23 PM
Deader than a doornail, my friend. No more bills until 2013.

Dreaded Claymore
08-30-2011, 1:34 PM
Dang. Well, you can't win 'em all, I suppose.

08-30-2011, 2:09 PM
I think it actually passed, but the reciprocity provisions had been amended out.

Milsurp Collector
08-30-2011, 3:37 PM
The bill passed the Oregon House, but when it went to the Senate it fell victim to a legislative trick called "gut and stuff". The House language was thrown out and the bill was transformed into a bill about loaded carry on snowmobiles. :confused:

House Bill 2792 started life as a simple measure to recognize the concealed carry permits of other states. The bill passed through the House Judiciary Committee over the objections of several anti-gun House members who claimed we should not accept licenses from other states that fail to meet our lofty requirements. The full House voted to pass the bill with 40 “yes” votes. Voting “no” were House Reps Barnhart, Beyer, Buckley, Cannon, Dembrow, Doherty, Frederick, Greenlick, Harker, Holvey, Hunt, Kotek, Nathanson, Nolan, Read, Smith J. and Tomei.

The bill was then sent to Floyd Prozanski’s Senate Judiciary Committee. There, Prozanski removed 100% of the language dealing with other states’licenses and replaced it with language that did two unrelated things. First, he inserted language that we had created clarifying how a person can lawfully carry a handgun on a motorcycle, ATV or snowmobile.