PDA

View Full Version : Anybody upgrade your MP15/22 trigger?

chiburi
08-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

Looking for a "proven" trigger upgrade for the .22 cal MP rifle. I am going to use it for some carbine courses (so much cheaper to shoot all day using the .22, and no BB to contend with).

However, I have noticed on occassion my trigger doesn't "return" all the way after I shoot, and then the next round doesn't shoot as the trigger seems "stuck" ie., hasn't returned.

Has anybody done a trigger job? Curious what people have done to eliminate the problem I am having (if anyone else is). I've heard some people just replace the spring, but I'd prefer to do a bit more since I'll be using this for the courses. If you have done a trigger job, please share how the reliability has been with the upgrade... Last thing I want to do is swap trigger assemblies with an AR-15 assembly, only to have to custom work with it to fire properly....

Best,

Chib

donw
08-29-2011, 12:15 PM
got to www.AR15.com and www.M4carbine.com

they have a world of info on triggers for the AR's there

Javi
08-29-2011, 1:09 PM
I remember on the S&W forums, some did a cheap trigger job on it by cutting one of the springs(either shorter or completely off, I can't remember). That's weird that your rifle doesn't reset, I've had no problems with that. Give S&W a call unless you really want a new trigger. The thing accepts different rifle drop in triggers

USM0083
08-29-2011, 3:07 PM
I've fired about 3K rounds through my 15-22 with no problems.

Could there be something stuck in the trigger mechanism? I've had popped primers jam the trigger on my ARs on occassion (twice in 15K rounds).

I installed a Geisselle S3G trigger in my 15-22 last week but haven't fired it yet.