PDA

View Full Version : Red dot recommendation

ElevenBravO
08-29-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm use to shooting with an M68 CCO Aimpoint. Is there any other red dots out there that's reliable, cheap on price, durable, etc.? Thanks

negolien
08-29-2011, 6:36 AM
for less theres eotech but if you're used to tubes I'd say that new brand lucid maybe? Not real big on tube ones.

Exiles doing a group buy atm for eotech with some really outstanding prices check em out I just got an xps 2-0. Not gonna put the price out there but it was lowest I could get new anywhere around :<).

Uriah02
08-29-2011, 6:38 AM
Define cheap. BSA is the gold standard "economic" option, but I would barely use BSA for airsoft. You get what you pay for.

Paper Boy
08-29-2011, 6:50 AM
http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=18&categoryId=419

I like them alot

Reviews here
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_325/173865_.html

GunSafari
08-29-2011, 7:33 AM
If your already used to aimpoint, go with the aimpoint pro, amazing value for a great optic by aimpoint

The pro is basically the Comp M2 with 3year battery life instead of 5 and a few hundred dollars cheaper since it is marketed to law enforcement and military only.

OpticsPlanet
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm use to shooting with an M68 CCO Aimpoint. Is there any other red dots out there that's reliable, cheap on price, durable, etc.? Thanks

ElevenBravO, I am highly impressed with the Vortex Strikefire. It is a great red/green dot sight for a relatively low price. If you can spend a bit more $ the Pro is a good way to go. The M68 you are used to is a CompM2...
Also, what battalion were you at for basic/AIT? I was at Bravo 2-58.

Chase B.

huckberry668
08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
from my experience, no other tubular dot sight beats an UltraDot for the dot shape, quality, parallex and price.

stix213
08-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Having good luck with the Bushnell TRS-25 so far, though I haven't had it that long. Good reviews on it though. About $100

CSTactical
08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
For the Price the Vortex SPARC and StrikeFire.

Mike @ CST

CSTactical
08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
for less theres eotech but if you're used to tubes I'd say that new brand lucid maybe? Not real big on tube ones.

Exiles doing a group buy atm for eotech with some really outstanding prices check em out I just got an xps 2-0. Not gonna put the price out there but it was lowest I could get new anywhere around :<).

We will meet his price any day.

Mike @ CST

mrvash
08-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up! how can I partake?

jdewolf
08-30-2011, 12:03 PM
ElevenBravO, I am highly impressed with the Vortex Strikefire. It is a great red/green dot sight for a relatively low price. If you can spend a bit more $ the Pro is a good way to go. The M68 you are used to is a CompM2...
Also, what battalion were you at for basic/AIT? I was at Bravo 2-58.

Chase B.

Strikefire is good, the red dot only version is brighter than the dual color dot variety however. I've had mine on my AR for quite a while now and more than happy with it. The included screw in magnifier is a bit of a pain sometimes. However the unit itself is solid.

Exile Machine
08-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up! how can I partake?

Email eotech@exilemachine.com for a price list and coupon codes.

ElevenBravO
08-30-2011, 2:18 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I had a Eotech 512 before, I tried it for months but I just couldn't get the feel for it. I guess its just that I'm used to tube optics. I'm gonna look into the red dots. Thanks again guys

To: OpticsPlanet, I was in A Co. 1/50

negolien
08-30-2011, 2:53 PM
Be sure to check out the Lucid there's a group buy or something on the whole kit here somewhere. Mount, x2 magnafication and tube type red dot sight.