View Full Version : Magazine Article - Front Sight Please Remove

08-27-2011, 7:07 PM
As a member of the USPSA, I receive their quarterly magazine Front Sight. In this months issue I noticed the monthly column of the Knox Brothers called In The Line of Fire. I read the article and my first reaction was...WHAT!??!
The article covers "Safe (Warrant) Service" and talks about the US Surpreme Court has ruled that officers can enter a private premise based on their judgement that a law has been broken and that evidence might be destroyed. No need to bother with a judge or warrant, the on scene officer can make the call??
But what really caught my eye was "In Stockton, Calif., agents of the Department of Education kicked in the door of Kenneth Wright at 6:00 am only seconds after knocking and announcing themselves" What?? The Department of Education in CA has a police force????? Does anyone else know about this?

I did'nt scan the article to post because of copyright, but it was interesting reading to say the least.

Sorry of this is in the wrong place for discussion

08-27-2011, 7:19 PM
It was discussed here a couple of months ago:

08-27-2011, 7:25 PM
Police officers have been able to enter a residence without warrant under exigent circumstances for some time. These circumstances are generally considered to be the destruction of evidence and in pursuit of a subject. These exigent circumstances (with the addition of officer safety) are also what allow the execution of "no knock" warrants.

As for the raid in Stockton, everyone seems to get up in arms over this because they see "Department of Education" and think "why are school cops raiding houses?" The reality is that this is a Federal team that executes warrants associated with cases of fraud, money laundering, and embezzlement. These are cases dealing with millions of dollars with links to organized crime.