PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run a Burris FF2 on AR rifle?

JDPhx501
08-27-2011, 3:14 PM
Comments, experiences, pictures are welcome. Why I should get it or save the money and go with eotech/aimpoint?

My reasons for wanting to go with the Burris FF2 are:
-prefer this style and look of mini red dot sight
-less bulky than Eotech
-dont like the tubular types of red dots
-half the cost of Eotech/aimpoint: money leftover for compensator and heavy buffer.

thanks

1lostinspace
08-27-2011, 3:17 PM
You can't compare a Burris or anything else for that matter to an Eotech.
If your a beginner shooter than it's ok I guess. If your life might depend on it then go with Eotech first Aimpoint second. In my humble opinion an Eotech 512 and iron back up sights co witnessed is all you need that and a light.

Peter W Bush
08-27-2011, 3:30 PM
I would take an Aimpoint or Trijicon over an eotech any day. For plinking at the range, the Burris will be just fine.

ejhc11
08-27-2011, 8:51 PM
Well, I don't own an Eotech, Aimpoint or ACOG either. I just target shoot and plink so my Bushnell TRS-25, and Primary Arms MicroDot work perfectly for what I need it for.

But if I needed the upmost reliability and quality I would own one of the three aforementioned above. And, each of the three have their own qualities you need to find what fits too.

It just depends on you needs and budget. A cheapy Walmart Tasco red dot on my Ruger 10/22 works fine for $35 too.

negolien
08-27-2011, 9:48 PM
[QUOTE=Peter W Bush;7046223]I would take an Aimpoint or Trijicon over an eotech any day. For plinking at the range, the Burris will be just fine.[/QUOTE

You're also going to pay at least twice as much for those two as an eotech.If you can;t afford 418 bucks go with something cheaper or just save up a bit.

JDPhx501
08-28-2011, 3:28 PM
I can save up for an Eotech and realize that a HWS and reflex sight are not the same, however I really prefer the look and smaller size of the Burris.

I realistically and hopefully will only use it for plinking, which is why I think its good for me to spend less on the optic and have more money left over for ammo, heavy buffer, and compensator.

Can anyone chime in on whether or not it can cowitness with my MI flipup sights? I just got them zeroed so now its time to move on to optic.

Droppin Deuces
08-28-2011, 3:43 PM
You can with the right height mount. That's a really versatile little sight. I think SWFA sells all of the mounting options for it. If you're going to use it as your primary optic, you might want to get the mount with the protective "wings."

LaRue also sells a mount for it with an integrated iron sight.

gunslinger001
08-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Aimpoint all the way as a primary.