PDA

View Full Version : My Ruger P512MKIII jail time started today

p0ppyman
08-27-2011, 2:12 PM
Bought a Ruger 22/45 today which is my first handgun purchase in California. Bought others years ago in Illinois but gave them up for my wife. :-) My current wife after 7 years of marriage gave me the green light on this purchase. It was an easy process to complete the sale.

In the service I holstered the 1911 many times while on duty. I expect a 1911 while be a future purchase and the 22/45 will be a good practice firearm.

My first long gun is next on the list. I am taking a rifle class September 10 and expect a purchase will soon follow. :-)

Vacaville
08-27-2011, 2:15 PM
Congrats on a great gun. I've got a Mark II. You're going to love it.

microwaveguy
08-27-2011, 4:18 PM
I lost my 22/45 but in a GOOD way. Bought a new 22/45 for my birthday in june :happybday: and got to take it out on July 5 and ran 150 rnd without a single problem.

So I take the wife out on July 31 with my new toy along with a couple of rifles and she just fell in love with it and REALLY didn't want to turn it loose. So I promised her to get a second one to get mine back. :D

So the question is since this one is the 5.5 in bull barrel I am torn on which one to get next :yes: Another bull barrel or a slab side like the model 10145 :43:

Congrats on the new purchase ......... just don't let the wife try it out or you might end up like myself. :cool:

Vacaville
08-27-2011, 4:26 PM
I lost my 22/45 but in a GOOD way. Bought a new 22/45 for my birthday in june :happybday: and got to take it out on July 5 and ran 150 rnd without a single problem.

So I take the wife out on July 31 with my new toy along with a couple of rifles and she just fell in love with it and REALLY didn't want to turn it loose. So I promised her to get a second one to get mine back. :D

So the question is since this one is the 5.5 in bull barrel I am torn on which one to get next :yes: Another bull barrel or a slab side like the model 10145 :43:

Congrats on the new purchase ......... just don't let the wife try it out or you might end up like myself. :cool:

My wife considers mine "her gun" now. Maybe I need another too. :)

ThortheDog
08-27-2011, 5:14 PM
My wife considers mine "her gun" now. Maybe I need another too. :)

Pretty much my situation, too. I bought it so I could have some inexpensive trigger time and my wife could shoot it on occasion. She now refers to it as "my gun" and I am back to the centerfires. Well, it's good she's interested in shooting again and has something that doesn't kill her hands and shoulders (arthritis).

p0ppyman
08-28-2011, 5:33 PM
Which class, where? Rockpile?

I am taking the First Steps Rifle taught by Bill Tidwell at Reed's Indoor Range in Santa Clara on September 10th. Thought it would be a good orientation. My only rifle experience was with M16's when I served in Europe during the cold war. My wife is looking forward to shooting rifle too. :-)

microwaveguy
08-28-2011, 11:21 PM
I am taking the First Steps Rifle taught by Bill Tidwell at Reed's Indoor Range in Santa Clara on September 10th. Thought it would be a good orientation. My only rifle experience was with M16's when I served in Europe during the cold war. My wife is looking forward to shooting rifle too. :-)

I am making the assumption that you also purchased the pistol from Reed's.
When you do the pick-up ask about your coupon for one hour of range time.
I don't know if it was a special promo in June but I don't see it on the website anymore.

p0ppyman
08-29-2011, 9:09 AM
I am making the assumption that you also purchased the pistol from Reed's..

I did purchase at Reed's and thanks for the reminder on the range time coupon!

der_saeufer
08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Bought a Ruger 22/45 today which is my first handgun purchase in California. Bought others years ago in Illinois but gave them up for my wife. :-) My current wife after 7 years of marriage gave me the green light on this purchase. It was an easy process to complete the sale.

In the service I holstered the 1911 many times while on duty. I expect a 1911 while be a future purchase and the 22/45 will be a good practice firearm.

My first long gun is next on the list. I am taking a rifle class September 10 and expect a purchase will soon follow. :-)

I <3 Ruger pistols. My MKIII is far and away my favorite handgun. You're definitely going to love it. Just don't be disappointed when you can't get a 3-4" group at 10 yards without trying while rapid-firing your next handgun :p

When it comes to practice, it's hard to argue with $20/500rd ammo. Mine feeds pretty much any high velocity .22LR reliably but doesn't seem to like standard velocity. Super Colibrí is fun, but it doesn't even fit in the mag properly.

I will never sell my Ruger. In fact, I might have to buy another... and so it goes. Welcome to Calguns!