PDA

View Full Version : Scope/Scope mount

Striper 05
08-25-2011, 2:49 PM
I'm interested in putting a scope on my Colt H-Bar. What munt is reccomended for the rifle? I will have to mount it to the carry handle.
Scope wise my price point is about $300-$400. I've read other posts and it appears the Nikon or Leupold AR serices scopes are the way to go.
All suggestions and opinoins are appreciated.

Sicilian
08-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Hmm. Good luck getting a carry handle mount to work for you. A friend of mine never got his A2 style rifle to work with a scope. I don't think there are good enough rails made for them. If you find a good fit, then let us know.

sonnyt650
08-27-2011, 7:08 AM
I believe I have an A.R.M.S. #2 Scope Mount (http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=20) on my carbine AR which feeds through the hole in the carry handle, no complaints where it fits in there perfectly with no play. It's been many years since purchase so I can't say for sure it's the same thing. I also have a cheap mount (labeled B.E.C. ARM 2010, finish is very poor) that came with a crappy scope, never used it since the A.R.M.S. worked so well. I'll claim it's probably the same quality as that aluminum mount on that page. Aluminum doesn't have much plasticity so you might rip that sucker apart trying to tighten up the screw.

I'd suggest the VX-2 instead of the AR if you decide on Leupold. I've read the AR series is the Vari-X 2 series rebranded. There's nothing wrong with that series and in fact that's what I've got on my carbine, but the VX-2 is in the same price ballpark and gets you closer to the old Vari-X 3 series.

Striper 05
08-27-2011, 7:14 AM
Good info. Thanks guys.