PDA

View Full Version : From Congressman Duncan Hunter

GMG
08-25-2011, 11:03 AM
From: Congressman Duncan Hunter <CA52DHima@mail.house.gov> Add to Addresses Block Sender
Date: Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:37 AM
To: [email]
Subject: Update on Second Amendment Rights
Size: 18 KB

August 2011

Dear Friend,

As an avid outdoorsman, Marine veteran and gun owner, I firmly believe in protecting our 2nd Amendment rights. It is imperative that Congress work to ensure the Administration does not restrict or weaken the Constitutional right to bear arms.

I am pleased to share with you that I have cosponsored the following measures:

H.R. 58, the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act, to remove the unnecessary restrictions on interstate firearm sales to allow licensed entities to sell across state lines.

H.R. 420, the Veterans’ Heritage Firearms Act, to provide protections for veterans or family members to register firearms acquired overseas.

H.R. 1443, the Outdoor Sports Protection Act, would prevent the Departments of Interior and Agriculture from instituting new bans on traditional ammunition and fishing tackle on federal lands that are used for conservation.

H.R. 645, a bipartisan measure to repeal the ban on semi-automatic weapons in the District of Columbia, as well as the registration requirement for possession of firearms and licensed firearm dealers to maintain records of ammunition.

These measures represent steps in the right direction to further preserve our constitutional freedoms. I am also firmly opposed to any effort, whether at the federal, state or local level, that unnecessarily restricts our rights, be it a ban on open carry, or burdensome requirements to obtain a concealed weapons permit.

Stay updated on my efforts in Washington by signing up for my e-newsletter on my website, www.Hunter.House.Gov.

dantodd
08-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Awesome. Looks like they would like to moot Dearth!

Crom
08-25-2011, 11:26 AM
I got the same email. Duncan Hunter is spot on with these issues. I am not well equipped to understand how these bills will fare in congress. The fact that they exist is very promising.

bwiese
08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
These bills seem to be achievable, incremental and not-drama laden, and appropriately timed in political sphere, so I suspect NRA involvment.

(As opposed to the "repeal gun free school zone" bill which is just radioactive...)

hammerhead_77
08-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Hunter is good...but ya gotta love my boy Issa! Funny that SD County has some good national reps and a terrible sheriff...

gun toting monkeyboy
08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I like Duncan Hunter. His office has gone above and beyond helping our business deal with some unscrupulous buggers in the Tricare system. He and his staff are good people.

BajaJames83
08-25-2011, 1:17 PM
I deployed with him in 2004 to iraq. Was in the same battery as me

Spelunker
08-25-2011, 1:22 PM
"H.R. 1443, the Outdoor Sports Protection Act, would prevent the Departments of Interior and Agriculture from instituting new bans on traditional ammunition and fishing tackle on federal lands that are used for conservation."

Sounds like they are trying to stop any future bans on lead ammo and lead fishing weights. I like it! My barnes coppers are bad axx but pricey. I wonder if they could make this retroactive to the current lead bans here in so-cal.

Ubermcoupe
08-25-2011, 2:03 PM
He's got my vote :thumbsup:

dantodd
08-25-2011, 2:08 PM
I deployed with him in 2004 to iraq. Was in the same battery as me

And your thoughts about him?