PDA

View Full Version : Curio & Relic Gift

M.C.
08-24-2011, 2:35 PM
Hope this isn't beating a dead horse, but I couldn't find the answer in the search tool.

Can someone legally gift a curio and relic rifle to a friend? My buddy has been considering a Mosin Nagant, and I was thinking about picking one up for him as a gift for his birthday. Both of us are legally eligible to own a weapon if that matters.

I would appreciate any advice or better yet, any real examples of this.

As always, I appreciate the help I get on Calguns.

Cheers! :D

paul0660
08-24-2011, 2:37 PM
If he is a California resident, or someone from another state with a C&R license, yes you can. Hand it to him in the former, hand it to him and supply some info for his bound book in the latter.

diginit
08-24-2011, 5:58 PM
Why are you beating my horse? It's been dead 5 yrs... EEEYUC.
If the rifle is over 50 yrs old and on the C&R list, (Mosins are.) All you need is a bill of sale, DL#, and a signed statement that the buyer is allowed to own firearms in Ca You're good to go. No C&R license is required. All you really need is a bill of sale. The other 2 are Just for your safety. Assuming state lines are not crossed.

jamesob
08-24-2011, 7:06 PM
you can gift a c&r to anyone as long as they are not prohibited.

EOD Guy
08-25-2011, 7:22 AM
If the rifle is over 50 yrs old and on the C&R list, (Mosins are.) All you need is a bill of sale, DL#, and a signed statement that the buyer is allowed to own firearms in Ca You're good to go. No C&R license is required. All you really need is a bill of sale. The other 2 are Just for your safety. Assuming state lines are not crossed.

The firearm does not have to be on the C&R list, just at least 50 years old.

M.C.
08-25-2011, 8:57 AM
I appreciate all the help... good reminder why I love Calguns.

Cheers!

dantodd
08-25-2011, 9:54 AM

Why do you need a bill of sale?