PDA

View Full Version : Write a senator in opposition to anti-gun bills!

underthegun13
08-24-2011, 6:05 AM
Please take a few minutes and write the state senators listed at the bottom of this note. Please voice your opposition to Senate Bills 124, 819, and Assembly Bill 809. California already has THE MOST RESTRICTIVE firearms laws in the state; we're not any safer for them. All you have to do is copy and paste the addresses listed below; you can even plagarize anything in this if you like.

SB124 outlaws purchasing ammo online and requires eveyone who purchases ammo to get finger printed. Online ammo sales have already been outlawed in Sacramento County; crime hasn't dropped in the slightest. More importantly, rural hunters who rely on the internet to purchase non-typical ammo to hunt will be put in a tight spot. Even today, many people in rural parts of the state rely on hunting to feed their famillies. For the rest of us, this bill (if nothing else) directly effects our ability to use the internet to find a good deal! Shouldn't we fight to keep that freedom?

SB819 allows the DOJ to use money generated through DROS fees (the fees paid when background checks are conducted on those purchasing firearms) to be used to fund another program. We all know that robbing Peter to pay Paul never creates a sustainable fund source. Eventually, DROS fees will be depleted and they will have to raise these fees to keep background checks happening. Raising fees on a selected group of people is a targeted tax increase on gun owners.

AB809 requires all long guns (shotguns and rifles) to be registered. This may not seem like that big of a deal, but it was only recently that all long gun purchases were required to be registered. There are still plenty of old hunting rifles and shotguns that have been passed down from grandfather to grandson without being re-registered. This bill will make it so all of those weapons have to be registered, which is yet another tax increase on gun owners. They estimate this bill will raise $400,000 of funding, but the increase in enforcement costs will far outspend any revenue the state generates. This will become even more useless regulation that does nothing to keep Californians safe. Do you think criminals are using guns they legally purchased to rob people? More often than not they use stolen guns. Requiring ex post facto registration of long guns will not cause any significant positive impact but it will negatively impact many people.

senator.kehoe@sen.ca.gov; senator.alquist@sen.ca.gov; senator.emmerson@sen.ca.gov; senator.walters@sen.ca.gov; senator.lieu@sen.ca.gov; senator.pavley@sen.ca.gov; senator.price@sen.ca.gov; senator.runner@sen.ca.gov; senator.steinberg@sen.ca.gov

NotEnufGarage
08-24-2011, 6:12 AM
Ammo sales are not outlawed in Sacramento County.

City of Sacramento requires ID and thumbprint, but there's no limit on the amount of ammo purchased. I bought a few hundred rounds at RCGE last week.

Information on all of these bills has already been posted, for months in some cases. Search is your friend.

Madpyro
08-24-2011, 6:22 AM
I believe he was talking about mail order ammo sales.

underthegun13
08-24-2011, 6:33 AM
sorry for the miscommunication. Internet ammo sales are banned in Sacramento County.

mag360
08-24-2011, 2:41 PM
sorry for the miscommunication. Internet ammo sales are banned in Sacramento County.

show me where it says this. because I have looked in the county muni code to no avail.

NotEnufGarage
08-24-2011, 4:18 PM

City City City.... NOT COUNTY!

I buy ammo online all the time.

Please stop with the FUD. Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

As I said, you're not the first person to comment on this. It's an old subject.

underthegun13
08-25-2011, 6:15 AM
Really "Stop with the FUD. Better to keep your mouth shut..." Give me a break! So the ordinance is for the city and not the county. The effect has been that most internet retailers won't ship into the county for fear of violating the ordinance.

The problem with this forum and people like YOU is that you get so caught up in being right that you miss the point. I may have missed the mark, but the current legislature is still debating this old topic. As long as they do, I will still be writing them. And as long as this is a public forum, I refuse to be brow beaten by anyone trying to prove how great they are.

NotEnufGarage
08-25-2011, 7:41 AM
So the ordinance is for the city and not the county. The effect has been that most internet retailers won't ship into the county for fear of violating the ordinance.

Can you please tell us which internet retailers you're talking about?

I've used Cabelas, Midway, CTD and Sportsmans Guide all recently and none had an issue with shipping to my Sacramento County address.

williamd
08-25-2011, 7:52 AM
I wrote to my Senator and Assemblyman. Got a nice response back from Senator. Not a peep from my Assemblyman. Not surprised ... though he does claim to be conservtive republican.

mag360
08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
I know please shut up about the sacramento issue. I know tons of people that mail order ammo. There is no problem. Or ban, or whatever. Sgammo, cabelas, midway, etc...