PDA

View Full Version : nikko stirling gameking

kablooie
08-23-2011, 9:03 PM
turners apparently has these on sale... are they any good? seems overkill for a 10/22, but looks like fun! maybe i can figure a way to mount on my sks...?

LBDamned
08-23-2011, 9:38 PM
I got the email too... spent some time earlier tonight researching - not a whole lot of info out there, but what is there isn't all that favorable...

Apparently Aussie's like it some... UK seems hit & miss... US doesnt have much review... As typical, most people that havent even looked through them say they are crap because they are made in China - that may be true, but I hate when people that haven't used a product give a review as if they had.

I'm inclined to think the majority of the nay sayers are basing it on the normal price (since there are better options)... but at the sale price I'm thinking you can't lose - it's almost a disposable scope at that point.

I did read a thread (forgot which forum) from US where several people that used it said it's crap - it apparently came as a package deal on some Howa rifles - but they never mentioned which line (Nikko has several)... The Diamond series seems to be the only one that get's constant praise - makes sense since it was designed in Japan and the lenses are Japanese made.

The Gameking series is just an average to below average scope from what I've gathered - but again, for the price I can't see how it's not worth slapping it on the rifle for the helluvit... or as most would recommend, save the money (as little as it may be) and put it towards a better option (which is what I'll probably end up doing since I dont really need another scope right now anyway).

Chaos47
08-23-2011, 9:59 PM
Nikko Stirling is owned by the same people that own Turners.
They are popular in New Zealand if I remember right. I think I found the most reviews of them on New Zealand airgun sites.
I think one was http://www.nzairgunners.com/nzairgunforum/index.php

btw edited to add I think Turners combos Nikko Stirlings (not sure what model) with their Howa rifles another brand owned by their owner http://www.legacysports.com/ (warning site has load intro sound)
http://www.legacysports.com/products/ns_gamemount.html

thukidad
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
i have a nikko stiriling platnium.. pretty good scope in my opinion

LBDamned
08-24-2011, 4:41 PM
I picked one up today for the helluvit...

$50 for what normally sells at $150 online - no reason not to try it...

I checked out the 4-16x50 and 6-24x44... I don't need 24 magnification but I like the smaller objective... however, of the two I was looking through, the 16 seemed clearer - and the eye relieve was better... so I got the 4-16x50 (illuminated).

Might not be the best scope - but its not bad for $50 (possibly the best $50 option?)... if I smash it to pieces by accident - oh well...

jimster716
11-14-2011, 9:30 PM
I picked one up today as well...apparently the last one. I made the mistake of getting the Nikko 1" High rings...not so high, the scope barely cleared the rail on my flat top AR. Bah! But excited to see how it does for 100-200 yd shooting.