PDA

View Full Version : Gene Burns on KGO 810 about ILLEGAL guns

sfpcservice
08-23-2011, 6:12 PM
He's talking about how illegal guns are the problem and not legit gun owners. Perhaps someone with speaking skills ( A board member?) could call in and explain that the problem is more related to the fact that legit gun owners are legally prohibited from carrying, thus leading to the free-for-all of criminal gun carriers?

mag360
08-23-2011, 6:37 PM
somebody good just called in. pretty good discussion!

sfpcservice
08-23-2011, 6:57 PM
The guy from Clearlake nailed it!!!

Blackhawk556
08-23-2011, 8:00 PM
so is there a recording of this????

Sgt Raven
08-23-2011, 8:28 PM
so is there a recording of this????

IIRC they have podcasts on their web site. Which hour was this on?

ETA: Google KGO radio 810 for their web page.

chiselchst
08-23-2011, 9:52 PM
The audio archive for the 23rd isn't up on their site yet (at this time stamp).
http://www.kgoam810.com/sectional.asp?id=31613

What time was this discussion so we can listen to it when it's available?

BigDogatPlay
08-24-2011, 8:26 AM
Early in the 7 PM hour judging by the OPs time stamp.

radioman
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
open the link on post #6 and you will now find last nights show, Gene Burns is not anti gun as he has talked guns on his show before, what I like about the guy, unlike most talk show host's, he will do his show on one thing, as he did last night. maybe someone from calguns could go on his show and talk ltc and California gun laws.

jdberger
08-24-2011, 11:43 AM
The podcast is up. Listening now.

Sheepdog1968
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
open the link on post #6 and you will now find last nights show, Gene Burns is not anti gun as he has talked guns on his show before, what I like about the guy, unlike most talk show host's, he will do his show on one thing, as he did last night. maybe someone from calguns could go on his show and talk ltc and California gun laws.

I like Gene Burns and enjoy his show. He does from time to time take guests on the air. I could see where he might arange a show and have one from each side of the issue on to discuss it.

morfeeis
08-24-2011, 2:01 PM
The audio archive for the 23rd isn't up on their site yet (at this time stamp).
http://www.kgoam810.com/sectional.asp?id=31613

What time was this discussion so we can listen to it when it's available?
Have it on now, thanks!

paul0660
08-24-2011, 2:08 PM
Gene only sounds like a pompous ***. He was Libertarian party candidate for Prez back in the 80's. He is a Dem now, probably to keep his job.

radioman
08-24-2011, 2:19 PM
Gene only sounds like a pompous ***. He was Libertarian party candidate for Prez back in the 80's. He is a Dem now, probably to keep his job.

Why put someone down who is some what on our side??? Reagen was a Democrat turned republican, and screwed open carry in California, probably to keep his job, so what's your point?

nicki
08-24-2011, 2:20 PM
If we can get to Gene, we need to recognize that he has to entertain his audience.

Like it or not, people like to be entertained first. It would be nice to get guests on the show, but if our speakers are "dry", people change the station.

Jerry Springer at one time had the highest ratings because people like controversy.

Perhaps if we can get access to the program director that we do a show not on gun rights, but on "personal safety".

Since there are many of us in the SF bay area, perhaps we should get together again (Hey Oaklander), play a game where we handicap ourselves (beer, tequilla etc.) where our "players" get to sit in the "hot seat" and the rest of us "grill him/her" with anti gun rhetoric.

Perhaps we should even video it so that we can watch ourselves, then critque.

What we will come out with at the end of the process is a core of people who we can tap to play PR for us under fire.

Nicki

radioman
08-24-2011, 2:25 PM
Nicki, I like that. so at the end of the day what we have is a debate team.

Pixs
08-25-2011, 8:14 AM
If we can get to Gene, we need to recognize that he has to entertain his audience.

Like it or not, people like to be entertained first. It would be nice to get guests on the show, but if our speakers are "dry", people change the station.

Jerry Springer at one time had the highest ratings because people like controversy.

Perhaps if we can get access to the program director that we do a show not on gun rights, but on "personal safety".

Since there are many of us in the SF bay area, perhaps we should get together again (Hey Oaklander), play a game where we handicap ourselves (beer, tequilla etc.) where our "players" get to sit in the "hot seat" and the rest of us "grill him/her" with anti gun rhetoric.

Perhaps we should even video it so that we can watch ourselves, then critque.

What we will come out with at the end of the process is a core of people who we can tap to play PR for us under fire.

Nicki

Very good idea Niki; as many forums as we can get in all areas of the state.

RomanDad
08-25-2011, 9:11 AM
Sorry, that guy is just too damned boring to listen too....

paul0660
08-25-2011, 9:16 AM
Why put someone down who is some what on our side??? Reagen was a Democrat turned republican, and screwed open carry in California, probably to keep his job, so what's your point?

You think what I said about GB is "putting him down"?

Sounds to me like your lips are firmly attached to his posterior. Only figuratively, as far as I know.

JimSar
08-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Sorry, that guy is just too damned boring to listen too....

Try catching his "Dining Around With Gene Burns" every Saturday 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. You might like it if you're a foodie. :)

http://www.diningaround.com/